Red Blotches on body.
What it is, I went out in the sun a week ago and I started itching on my knees, I didnt think anything of it until my arms started to itch and I noticed I had red blotches on my arms, wrists, hands, torso, legs, feet and now has gone to my face. They get itchy but not all the time. I have a couple of sores on my lips and my skin is throbbing. Maybe an allergic reaction??  

I work as a care assistant so I can not go into work until the rash/blotches have gone. I would like to know what they are?
These itchy rashes can be due to solar urticaria or hives also. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications. Apply calamine lotion and take some antihistaminics like Benadryl. If the symptoms persist then topical steroids may be needed. For this please consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.