Red Itchy Anus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Itchy Anus

A few days ago i woke up with a irritation in my anal area. it was itchy and when i looked at it in the mirror it was red on the inside. i took a shower this morning and when the water hit it it cause a little sting and it continued to keep stining. now it still is itchy and irritated and red on the inside and i dont know what to do. im not sure if it is a rash its only in the anus and its red... i dont know what to do ????
  • grrrr... (1 replies):
    How can i prevent the wet of my uderarm with a broken sk...[more]
  • Please help (4 replies):
    I have had a very bad rash on my butt for many years. It...[more]
  • rash (2 replies):
    I have a rash in my inner legs, is red and itch after I ...[more]
  • under arm rash (1 replies):
    i have had this rash under both under arms red itchy sk...[more]
  • anus rash (1 replies):
    i have a rash on my butt that come in goes it's pretty r...[more]
It can be due to intertrigo skin. An intertrigo usually appears red and raw-looking, and may also itch, ooze, and be sore.

Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical zinc oxide cream like Sudocrem, Desitin are very helpful(apply with a paper towel and not directly with hands).Application of mild steroid cream like dermacort also helps. For the itching please take some over the counter antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin. In case the symptoms persist then antifungals may be needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.