Red Pimples on my scalp.

I have had these red bumps (they really look like pimples) on my scalp since I was a little girl. I've never cut my hair short and I have used other shampoos to try and treat it that way.

I am frustrated and looking for answers. It's embarrassing for me when I go to the hair dresser or a salon because these bumps are pretty obvious.

They pop like a pimple, feel like a pimple and are all over my head. I don't have dandruff and it doesn't spread anywhere else, but my head. If anyone has any suggestions I could go to my derm with, I would be really grateful.

These small pimples on scalp can be due to folliculitis or perifolliculitis. Perifolliculitis is characterized by small, very itchy pustules within the scalp, often most troublesome on the frontal hairline. The scalp should be washed with a mild normal shampoo as often as desired. Antidandruff shampoos containing antifungal agents such as ketoconazole or ciclopirox are sometimes helpful. Apart from that you need topical and oral antibiotics, antihistamines, oral steroids and topical tretinoin.

My sincere advice is to get it examined from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.