Red Spot/ Blemish On my nose... Had this for a year please HELP!?
Hi Ladies and Gentleman,

I moved to CA approx a year ago, before I came I had a spot on the end of my nose and sqeezed it (aggresively i must add). I then came to the States with a lovely (I say sarcasticly) red spot on the end of my nose.

Anyway having had this thing at the end of my nose for nearly a year now Im starting to wonder what it could be??

It has faded alot however there is some redness that seems to become more red during some weeks.. Therefore it gets worse. No pain, no tingling. I saw a derm about a month ago and it was when it was actually the least inflamed its been. He said it was an ingrowing hair and i thought that was strange. Is this possible? He only looked under a light and magnifine glass. Would a ingrowing hair last this long??

Please provide me with any information and opinion regarding this, what would be the best methods to treat? Please see picture.

Many thanks,
LEE
It can be due to a small cyst under the skin or dermatitis skin. It does not sound like an ingrown hair. However since the face is the most common part to be sun exposed, I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. If needed a biopsy skin may be done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I did see a dermatologist and he said it was an in growing hair,but i was a bit suprised about this. It does get red sometimes and them seems to go away and can only see it ever so slightly. It's not something really bad, however was just eager to see what it really was. How would i treat a cyst or dermatitis skin?

The dermatologist just looked at it under a magnifine glass and light. Please advise?
A cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin.They may occur anywhere on body but scalp, ears, back, face, and upper arm, are common sites for sebaceous cysts. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected,Then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing

is it possible for this to be red sometimes and othertimes barely noticeable though? Would laser on the area help? Please advise, thanks for your continued advice, appreciate it.
hey, i know this was 2 years ago but i just wanted to know how you're getting on?
i have this red blemish on the end of my nose and i've nearly had it for 2 months now and i'm worried because it's showing no signs of going away. do you have any advice or anything? i'd really appreciate it.

hope all is well :)