Dermatology Expert Forum
Red Spots around/under my eyes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Red Spots around/under my eyes
I have had red spots near the corner of my right eye for about a week,  and now I have them under my left eye too.  Should I be overly concerned,  or is there something I can apply that will not hurt my eyes?
I wouldn't worry.  It's probably just a mild outbreak of folliculitis, or clogged pores.  The cause is usually unknown.  I would leave them alone for a couple of weeks.  If they don't go away, have a dermatologist evaluate you for possible treatment with an antibiotic for a couple of weeks.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
In response to B with red spots near eyes, I too have red spots that have appeared, I am currently being treated for Perioral Dermatitis around my mouth. My red spots have occured since I was using a steriod cream to treat the dermatitis. I have since discovered that the steriod cream is harmful to the perioral dermatitis. Good Luck.
Lack of water.  Drink more water, if your dehydrated your eyes will be red around them
This morning, after straining during a bout with constipation, I found I had red dots above, under, and along side of my left eye.  The right eye is nearly as bad.  Seems it would be broken blood vessels...but what to do?  Heat, cold?  Will this go away.  I am 54, does that mean I may have this always? (It looks like red freckles,on the skin not on the eyeball).
A related discussion, spots was started.
A related discussion, red freckles was started.
Hi, I also have redness under my eyes but it has been there for years. It seems like the skin under my eyes in very soft. It is pretty much around my eyes on the sides too. I've been to the dermatologist and my doctor and they really don't seem to know what it is if anyone could help me with this I would really appreciate it. Also, it seems more noticable in the morning. People ask me sometimes if I had just been wearing sunglasses please write any suggestions thank you