Red face with lots of little veins

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red face with lots of little veins

I have, over the past few years, gradually gotten a redder and redder face. I have many little veins, like a spider web under my skin, especially on my cheeks. My family practice doctor has prescribed metrogel for rosacea. After reading about rosacea, I am thinking it might not be rosacea. I do not have any rash or bumps, just little veins filled with blood. I am a male in my early 50s, I do not drink alcohol or smoke. I drink only one cup of coffee a day. There doesn't seem to be a time it is better or worse. I just seem to get more red with each subsequent year. Any idea what this could be? Do you think it is a form of rosacea?
The symptoms suggest that you might be suffering from Streptococcal infection that could be Erysipelas.
This is an acute inflammation of the skin with lymphatic involvement. The streptococci are localized in the dermis and hypodermis. It usually affects the face, particularly in the elderly, but may occur elsewhere. It may be bilateral and is sometimes recurrent.
Facial erysipelas begins over the bridge of the nose and spreads over the cheeks.
You can visit a dermatologist for further opinion.
Hope this helps.
Bye.
Thank you. I plan on visiting a dermatologist in the future. I appreciate your input.
In looking at online photos of Erysipelas, I do not believe this is the case. What I have does not look inflamed, nor raised. It appears to be a spider web of little veins directly under the skin. Lots of them on the cheeks. I've never had any on the nose.
A visit to a dermatologist would indeed be helpful. Whether it is infection or not the chances of infection would still be high for which you need to start treatment soon.
You need someone to look at your rashes soon and plan to start treatment as early as possible.
Keep me posted.
Bye.
Thank you for your comments. You continue to mention "rash". I do not have a rash. (Reference original post) However, I will take your advise and consult my physician or a dermatologist.
Laser treatment can completely remove the appearance of red spider veins (but it won't stop new ones recurring).