Red marks after being touched?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red marks after being touched?

My daughter is 2 and over the last few days I've noticed that whenever I touch her on her arms or chest/back it leaves red marks on her skin. If I pick her up it leaves marks on her. Even her clothes (collar of her shirts, arms, and the top of her pants) leave red marks on her. It doesn't matter how light she is touched, it always leaves a red mark. This goes away after 10 to 15 minutes. I'm wondering if it may be a symptom of something that I need to get checked out?
Your daughter seems to be having dermatographism. Dermatographism can be caused by stress, tight or abrasive clothing, watches, glasses, energetic kissing, heat, cold, or anything that causes stress to the skin. In many cases it is merely a minor annoyance, but in some rare cases symptoms are severe enough to impact a patient's life.

It can be treated by antihistamines or cromoglicate and sometimes steroids, as they prevent the histamine from causing the reaction. As the underlying cause of dermographism is not known, it can last for many years without relief.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Thanks so much for the reply :) I have an appt for a physical for her and I will definitely bring this up. I was really worried it was going to be something much worse.She's my baby so I worry a little too much sometimes. Thanks again!
i hope you can help me. last night my 1 year old baby has cough, colds and little fever then we noticed this red spots on hands and legs then afterward it will be gone for 15 minutes and the redness moved to the face then after few minutes it will be gone again were still observing but the same case until now there is redness and it will be gone and then it will comeback. Thanks i hope you can help me.