Dermatology Expert Forum
Red spot on penis shaft

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Red spot on penis shaft

Hello, I have two red spots on my penis shaft that I noticed while masturbating.  They are red, about 1-5 mm in size, one of them is shiny around the middle, and are numb during masturbation.  They do not hurt and do not exude and pus or liquids.  I noticed last week and thought they were simply slightly irritated spots on the skin but have not gone away. I notice that the center has a slightly colored cover which I can peel off occassionally.  There are no discharges and there is no other effect (no itching, burning, etc. caused by some STDs I know of).    
These sound like irritations, not an STD.  I advise you to leave them alone so the doctor at the clinic will have a better chance to tell.  take photos to bring to the clinic in case the spots have faded away by then.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
btw, I have pictures but I do not know how to post them.
Thank you Dr. Rockoff!  I saw my dermatologist and he thinks it is MCV-2 (molluscum contagiosum - 2).  From  his explanation it sounds plausible it is just that.  He also said, though, that since I just saw them and the lesions are very tiny and new it was hard to tell.

He killed the skin and surrounding areas with liquid nitrogen just to be safe and said to come back in a month if they reappear.  He also advised me to seek a test with the local STD clinic just to be safe, though he said most likely it is not an STD due to the lack of other symptoms.