Red spots all over his body and they dont itch
My boyfriend was in the army when he had discovered that he had some spots on his body.  They told him that it was a heat rash and it would go away.  It has been over 5 years and he still has the rash.  It has now spread all over his body.  He says that it doesnt itch, never complained of it hurting, and it doesnt flake.  The rash is now going down his arms and his inner thighs.  It is also on his chest and I have noticed some on his neck and his butt.  could someone please  help us figure it out.  

Is this rash persistent? Or is the rash triggered by some external factors like dust, heat , food, weather?

A persistent rash needs further evaluation. I suggest that your boyfriend seek consult with an internist so that blood tests may be done. Infections like parasitic and viral infections may present with a rash.

Other differentials will be photosensitivity reactions. Some photosensitivity reactions may cause a rash over sun exposed areas. Also, it is important to note that he has been with the army .Where there any external triggers that could have caused the rash like chemicals for instance?

Stress may present itself through skin conditions. This needs to be taken into consideration. I suggest a consult with an internist. A referral with an infectious diseases specialist may be necessary.