DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
Red spots around the nipple area
by agingsince1970, Jul 10, 2010
I notice a small dime size red spot under the left nipple.  Now it has gotten larger (1/2 dollar size) and I now have 2 dimes size spots under the right nipple.  No pain at all but it concerning the spots are growing and where they came from.  The spots look like they are touching the nipples themselves, like an extension.  Any ideas what it might be and what I can I about them?  
Member Comments (1)
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Jul 17, 2010
These spots can be due to pityriasis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.