Red spots on my nose that won't go away!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I am a 29 year old female who has never really had alot of acne problems in the past. I have this small red spot on the end of my nose that has been there for months and it won't go away! It looks like a pimple but it never comes to a head so i can pop it. I have tried everything, I clean my face everyday, put acne meds on it and it is still there. What is it and how can I get rid of it? It is really starting to get to me.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be actinic keratosis or some fibrous papule of the nose. Actinc keratosis is small, rough spot occurring on skin that has been chronically exposed to the sun. The other possibility is of a plain wart. Cutaneous viral warts are discrete benign epithelial proliferations caused by the human papillomavirus. Treatment includes salicyclic acid application,curettage and silver nitrate pencils and glutaraldehyde and formaldehyde preparations.

I feel that you should consult a dermatologist and discuss these possibilities with him. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.