Red spots on penis
I am a male in my twenties, and I have noticed for sometime (4-5 months) now that I have reoccurring red spots on my penis in various locations. Sometimes they appear on the shaft, head, and underneath the crown. They are not large, they do not hurt, they do not itch, but are unsightly. There maybe little bumps associated with this red spots, but is hard to tell. When the skin is stretched to better examine these spots it has a luster to it. I am aware that the skin around the penis is unique and carries this characteristic ubiquitously. I can’t be certain, but I believe there maybe some shedding of skin associated. I have tried different creams anti-fungal, triple antibiotic ointments, and cortisone creams and the only one that actually seems to work is the cortisone cream they disappear after about a week of use then reappear a couple days later when I stop using the cream. I am not too worried that it is an STD, but the thought still lingers in my mind. The last time I was with a girl was at least two months before the occurrence (unprotected), but neither of us are promiscuous individuals. I have done research on the internet to try to find answers, but would like to be certain. I don’t like going to those clinics, but no one does. I also have had really bad dry skin spells during the winter months my entire life. I get bad dry blotches on the buttocks, thighs, and my arms, but can be maintained with a good skin care ointment. Can you help me?

Are there other symptoms present? Avoid self-medicating without the proper diagnosis. This may lead to further irritation and infection. Red spots may also be due to irritation, infection or other skin conditions such as eczema or dermatitis. Irritation usually resolves when the irritant is removed. On the other hand, eczema: may also occur on the genitals. It appears as diffuse red plaques with a poorly defined edge and finely scaled surface. If it persists, have this evaluated by your doctor for proper management. Direct clinical examination is important.

Take care and regards.
No there are not any other symptoms. I have dry spots on other parts of my body, but they do not resemble these symptoms although, the skin structure in this location is different. Irritation does not seem to be the issue it comes and goes without and physical contact and does not seem to have a distinct edge. Can a GP diagnose this or must it be a specialist? Does this sound like an issue such as herpes?