Dermatology Expert Forum
Ringworm of penis and feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Ringworm of penis and feet
Dr., I have had athlete feet since playing HS football, now I have reoccuring ringworms on my penis and feet they are roundish slightly raised with a clearance in the middle.  I have used Tinactin, Lotrin, Apple cider vinigar, Goldenseal, Garlic tablets, and Tea tree oil (the tea tree oil has shown some progress as of late).  After treatment on a specific area, they go away, only to return in another area (normally on the shaft of the penis).  They have however just about gone away on my feet with out returning.  I am 29 years old and about 30 pounds over weight and there is friction and sweating in my groin and feet areas.  Please Help!
Travis:

If the rash is recurring all the time as you say, it's probably not ringworm fungus at all, but rather eczema, a kind of irritation or sensitivity.  Try using over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone twice a day for a couple of days.  If that clears the spots up at least for a while, fine: just use it from time to time.  If not, see a doctor for definitive diagnosis.  Also, weight loss might be worth considering too.

Best.

Dr. R
Dr. I have tried the 1% hydrocortisone on my penis, and it worked. Thanks a million.  Do you think I still need to see a Doctor or rely on the 1% hydrocortisone in case it comes back?  And, should I use it on my feet also or would that moisture not be good for my athlete feet?
If it worked, just use it again as needed.  You can try it on the feet too, though it may not work there.  Dr. R
Hi would a Doctor make you use Lortin if you had a STD called Trichomonis? What medicine would they give you for that?
A related discussion, Ring Worm was started.
A related discussion, ring worm was started.
A related discussion, Having ring worm in my penis was started.