Rough Patch/Bumps on head of penis 2

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rough Patch/Bumps on head of penis 2

I red over the persons question of rough patches on the head of their penis and you telling them that is was a cyst. My question is do you have or know of any pictures of this that i could look at because it sounds like something that I might have.
thanks

This discussion is related to Rough Patch/Bumps on head of penis.
This is the Question that I'm going off of
  "I have a matter of concern that I am VERY insterested in getting an outside opinion on.  Withen the past few months I've visited three different dermatologists regarding a skin condition I have on on the head (glans (glands)?) of my penis.  It's very hard to explain, but I'll try my best.  First off, I haven't had sex, so I guess I can rule out an STD. Basically, pretty much the entire top part of the head is "rough", i.e. covered in lots of tiny bumps.  It's different than normal "bumps," however, because they don't seem to have any obvious boundry.  The skin gradually goes from very smooth on the side of the head, to very rough at the top.  Also, the bumps are separatable in rows (I guess the best way to picture it would be a crop).  With two fingers, I can spread the rows apart and the depth between them is enough to actually hold a very small piece of paper between.  But it's only this deep in the center, because it gradually get shallower and smooths out towards the sides of the head."

So if you can help me out that would be great...

One possibility for such type of bumps is pearly penile papules. Pearly penile papules are small dome-shaped to filiform skin-colored papules that typically are located on the sulcus or corona of the glans (glands) penis.

They are a normal variant of the penis and I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I think the answer you might be looking for is that these cysts are the result of the loss of the foreskin in guys. Men who are uncircumcised don't seem to have this problem as much, if at all, especially if the foreskin completely encapsulates the penis. However, for guys who have been circumcised at birth, the head of the penis, which wasn't designed to be so exposed, becomes scaly and rough in response to constantly rubbing against clothing and being exposed to air. Not to mention the drying effects that soaps have on it as well. Try using lotion and see if that helps soften it a little.
I find it a little sad that so many Dr.'s give nothing other than generic, textbook information and to go see a special doctor, which might end up costing the patient about $1,000.00, when all is said and done. The time though, is appreciated.
what kind of cysts is it?
what kind of cysts is it?
also will it go away over time and is there anything to do about it?