Dermatology Community
STRANGE ITCHY/RED NECK RASH- HELP! (photo included)
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

STRANGE ITCHY/RED NECK RASH- HELP! (photo included)

8597768?1354933779
This rash just appeared randomly yesterday. I did not use any new lotions or perfumes. I have sensitive skin but have never had a reaction like this to anything before! It's unbelievably itchy. I haven't been scratching today because that obviously made it even more red/itchy but I have been pressing on it with the smooth back of my hand which kinda relieves the itch. There are no bumps or anything, just a patch of red. What is it? What should I do!?
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.
It is possible that this is an allergic reaction. This red itchy bump can also appear in insect bite. It may not be always possible to detect the allergen. Take an antihistamine like hydroxyzine for relief in itching. Apply calamine lotion. If there is no relief see a dermatologist. A clinical examination may be neccesary.In severe cases of urticaria topical and oral steroids may be prescribed. Do keep us posted.
Best luck and regards!
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.
It is possible that this is an allergic reaction. This red itchy bump can also appear in insect bite. It may not be always possible to detect the allergen. Take an antihistamine like hydroxyzine for relief in itching. Apply calamine lotion. If there is no relief see a dermatologist. A clinical examination may be neccesary.In severe cases of urticaria topical and oral steroids may be prescribed. Do keep us posted.
Best luck and regards!
Blank
4461129_tn?1354934230
Thank you so much for the advice! The rash got extremely dry and some of the skin even started peeling, but when I started moisturizing/putting cortisone cream on it, it started to heal. I am wondering if the extreme dryness provides any more clues as to what it was exactly? Eczema maybe? I've never had eczema before though which makes me doubt this theory.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank