Same scenario

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Same scenario

I am 36 years old and have always been healthy as a horse and work out all the time. About 6 years ago I started getting severe inflammation in my feet and knees so bad that I couldn't walk and would have to get my knee drained multiple times with cortisone shots. I went from doctor to doctor getting a different diagnosis with every doctor I saw . I heard I had Retiers syndrome, but never had chlamydia or gonnorea, they sent me to an infectious disease doctor who said I had rheumatic fever and I had to go everywhere to find this prehistoric Penicillin shot they barely made only to find out thru my ASO titer marker and a great heart surgeon with and EKG, multiple Cat scans with contrasts almost on my whole body and a heart ultra sound that was not the case. I am mildly anemic so they sent me to a rheumatologist that checked me for all kinds of cancers which came up negative, who then sent me to a GI doctor who did a colonoscopy and upper GI which came up inconclusive. The 2nd rheumatologist took a multitude of blood tests for everything from Lupus, RA, Celiac disease, Crohns disease. Negative all the way across. Meantime they had me on Prednisone for 5 plus months which created side effects out the kazoo..and I made the decision to tween myself off thank god. Then they wanted to give me methotrexate and immune suppressor that I rejected because I Saud you don't even know what I have I am not taking any of that crap I'll take Naproxen 500 until you figure it out. He said your diagnosis is Erythmea Nodosum....I said that's great but what is the root cause? He said I don't know I cannot find anything we just have to let you come in every 3 month's and see how you do. I'm like great he just gave up and he'd supposed to be a hot shot...I do not want to give up but where the heck do I go from here? I don't wanna just let it go and later in something was missed and now it's progressed. What do I do. Any suggestions as I've already been to he'll and back. Help

This discussion is related to Erythema Nodosum.
Tags: erythema nodosum, undiagnosed syptoms, painful leg lumps