Scalp breaking out
I am 66 years old and have been getting recently for the first time pimples on my head.  I am taking antiobiotics from my doctor.  They are painful and sometimes large.  It's becoming a big worry and I can't fine the cause.  How can I get rid of this condition and what may be the cause?  Thank you.

This discussion is related to Pimples??.

Are you taking any other medications like steroids for underlying medical conditions like asthma? Corticosteroids, hormonal problems, stress and poor diet may lead to pimples in adults. If this is the case, your doctor has to elicit a complete personal and family history from you to help ascertain the cause. Allergies may also cause pimple like flares on the skin. This sounds like a cystic form of acne. Oral antibiotics should be completed and if these persist intralesional injection of steroid may resolve the swelling and the redness.