Dermatology Community
Scaly skin
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Scaly skin

On the Head of my Penis i have a portion that is Scaly and discolored, was wondering how or if i could get rid of it or what it is
Related Discussions
Hi,

This could be an infection (fungus) or skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis. Eczema appears as diffuse red plaques with a poorly defined edge and finely scaled surface. It frequently causes quite severe irritation. It can be caused by infection or local reaction to skin injury from chemicals or radiation. On the other hand, psoriasis appears as thickened red papules or plaques with a well-defined edge found usually on the glans (glands) or inner surface of the foreskin.  In uncircumcised men, and at other sites, it has a scaly surface. It  is caused by an abnormality of skin production and can be inherited. I recommend that you have this evaluated further for proper management. Direct clinical examination is important

Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank