Scar in corner of mouth from Cold Sore or Angular Cheilitis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have had cold sore since I was 9. Since then I get break outs every now and then, every in between 2-3months time. Although in a rare occasion, it does not break out after 8-12 long months. I am 20 years old now, and I haven't had a breakout in a long time  now. I think I finally don't get them because I haven't had a break out since i was 16 i think. However, it created a new problem for me,scar. It left me a scar in both corners of my mouth. They are pretty noticeable and i have been really so wanting to get rid of them. I am so embarrassed and insecure about it.I told my mom and sister about my issue and they would not take me seriously because they said that it is not even noticeable.
I have tried using bio-oil for about 4months now and I see barely results.What do you recommend for me to do or use to get rid of the scars? Please help me, I just want to feel good about myself and confident of myself.
Anything you use won't show results right away, it takes time for scars to fade. When I say time I mean years. I know how it feels, ones after accidently biting my lip i had a scar for long. It was like a little red spot but know you can hardly see I ever had one.
I used Tea tree gel, marigold gel and this really helped me a lot. As I said it takes time.
Also in winter time when your lips get chapped and dry don't put anything on them that's like a natural pilling. And after every pilling your scar will look less noticeable.
I am not an expert that's just how I got rid of mine.
Good luck.
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely give it time to heal:]
Anymore advice? Please help me. I am really self conscious about it because people thing I have cold sores or something. and it looks bad in the pictures. I hate to have to smile just to kind of hide the scars. I'm really more of a serious type but when i take pictures I have to give it a cheek to cheek smile. this thing has been driving me crazy since i was 9. HELP:T
I have had the same exact issue. I started having cold sores when I was about 12 but haven't had a breakout in over 2 years. But 6 months ago, I was diagnosed with angular chelitis because I had cuts in the corner of my mouth. I saw a dermatologist and was given Nystatin and Triamcinolone cream. Now 6 month later, I have a red circular scar in the corner of my mouth and I am extremely insecure about it. I have been using mederma twice a day for about a month now and i can see that it is slowly improving.

I know exactly how you feel and BELIEVE me it *****!! I want my confidence back as well because I am a good looking guy. My family says they dont notice it, but to me it is VERY NOTICEABLE. I suggest you buy Mederma SPF and use it twice a day for about 3 months and hopefully you and I will get these damn scars REMOVED!! good luck.
thanks for the response. I have thought about buying mederma long before i tried bio oil. I only chose bio oil since it is cheaper. But since we have the same issues and it worked for you, I am totally trusting on this product basing from your review. Thanks man, hope this will work out for me too:] I want my self esteem back.
help, can anyone advice me a good product or that had the same problem as me?
Hi. i have the same problem as you do. I am 26 now. I've been suffering with cheilitis since nursery school. I really dunno why, but I've never been treated seriously, that's why I've got visible scars in the angles of my mouth. Since teenage period I tried different medicines, and nothing really helped. I don't have any breakouts of the illness for long term, maybe since I was 18. But the scars.... And the same situation - family says they don't see it, but the only thing I see in the mirror - are these scars((( In a month I ll visit the plastic surgeon (for the first time). i hope, he could find any method to help me. But man, all these gels and ointments - are no use. u can contact to me straight on my e-mail (***@****). i can't find info on the Internet in russia. After visiting the surgeon I  post the info he will tell me.
Sir I have diagnosed for Angular Stomattis and almost recovered but on corner of mouth still there is scars on skin which slightly feel and is not going away.   Kindly advice the right treatment for the same.  Currently I am taking Multivitamin Tablet and Candid B Ointment.

Your kind response shall be a great help for me.

Surya