Dermatology Community
Severe Itching When I walk at a fast pace
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Severe Itching When I walk at a fast pace

Okay I know this may sound weird, but for the past 8 years I have been experiencing severe itching on my legs, my thighs and my butt whenever I power walk. There is no rash or anything like that. This only happens usually within 5 mins of me walking at a fast pace. The itching gets so bad that I have to stop walking where ever I am and rest until the itching stops and then continue walking at a slow pace. I have been so embarrassed to talk to a doctor. Do you have any idea what could cause this problem
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be due to vasculitis heat rash or sweat dermatitis. A vasculitis heat rash like Golfer’s vasculitis heat rash is a red itchy rash which develops on the legs of many walkers. In that case, taking bath with cold water after staying in the sun or applying cold wet towels may help.

You may apply calamine lotion and cool compresses on the rash. It may help. You may also take some OTC antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin.

Please see your dermatologist if the condition does not improve.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank