Dermatology Community
Severe Rash on Armpits and Ribs Caused by What?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Severe Rash on Armpits and Ribs Caused by What?

I have a bad rash/bug bites under my armpits.  It started out as what appeared to be a couple of bug bites, I slept once more on my bed and it got much worse so I completely changed sleeping locations, washed clothing, sheets, etc.  I thought all of the bites would heal up but they haven't causing me to think it might be something else besides bug bites.  There's so many under my armpits now it's hard to distinguish them, the circular bites that are healing up are leaving behind circles of very dry and slightly yellow skin.  The rash has now spread sporadically down my ribs with a larger concentration on my waist.  I haven't worn deodorant for about 1 week now...any suggestions on what it might be?

Additional information: Affected skin itches only mildly and feels hot/burns slightly when I take a shower.
                                 Mainly Dime-sized bites/circular patches of dry red skin (slightly yellow when healing up) with smaller rash all around them.