Skin Cancer Screening

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin Cancer Screening

There is a history of skin cancer in my family. My grandmother died from melanoma. My grandfather and my uncle had growths removed. I lived in California for decades and love the outdoors. I have spent a lot of time out in the sun wearing little to nothing. I am going to the dermatologist for a skin cancer screening next week. What should I expect? What questions should I ask or what should I tell the doctor?
Hi LeanMean, ive had the screening before and you will just lie on a table and the doctor will go over you whole body looking for things out of the norm. Really no big deal.
I went to the dermatologist today for my appoint. I was told to strip to my underwear and wear a gown. The doctor came in and folded back the gown, moving from one section to the next. No cancer or pre-cancer found. Yay! The doctor did say with my family history I should have an annual check and always use sunscreen.
Well thats good news, just remember to follow up with the yearlys
dave