Skin On Nose Not Healing
I recently had a spot shaved from my nose (looked like a larger freckle) on 11-27-09. The spot was above 1/3 of an inch in diameter and was on the top layer of skin on my nose. Skin has grown and healed over the spot that was removed, however it is still red after about 2 months, and the skin is not getting any lighter as time is passing. I have been covering it up every time I am outside with a band-aid, and have been avoiding heat on my face. Although I said it is not getting any lighter in general, the spot seems a little lighter in the morning, and darker at night (with the same lighting) and I am wondering if anything is happening in the day to make this change occur.

Thanks,
Phil

The redness of skin after shave biopsy or elliptical excision may take take weeks to heal but if the symptoms persist then it is necessary to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you very much for your response. The skin has healed fine, and I can see hair is starting to grow on it, but it's just still red and I thought the color would have faded a little more by now. The only symptom is the redness, and I am still shielding it from wind daily. I am just wondering when it will be safe to go out side without wearing band-aids because I heard the win/sun would cause permanent redness.

I will definitely call my dermatologist to ask about it though, I just figured there was a simple answer for it.

Thanks again,
Phil

thanks and kind regards. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.