Skin-colored bump

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin-colored bump

I have one skin-colored bump on my cheek. It is not infected nor does it hurt. It is just a small bump that is raised up more then the rest of my cheek. It does not look like it needs to be "popped" nor do I want to mess with it but it's been about two weeks and it still has not gone away. What could this be and is there anything I should do to "treat" it?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This could be a wart, milia or syringoma. Warts are due to the human papillomavirus (HPV). They are usually painless and go away on their own, sometimes taking a few months/ years to resolve. In particular, filiform warts are long and narrow, like tufts of thread, and usually small at the base. They often affect the face, eyelids, or nose area.

On the other hand, milia are common benign skin findings in people of all ages. Milia formed directly from sloughed-off skin are small, fluid-filled lesions usually found on the faces of infants and adults.  Another differential to consider is a syringoma which usually found on the upper cheeks and lower eyelids. They are caused  by the overgrowth of cells from sweat glands.

These skin lesion can all be removed by a dermatologist. Surgery, laser therapy, cryosurgery and certain medications are all possible options for their removal. It is best that you have this evaluated for proper management.

Take care and keep us posted.