Skin discoloration around lower calf

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin discoloration around lower calf

I am an African American woman, 39 years old with a light complexion. I'm concerned because I have developed a light brown ring around both of my legs near the lower calf right above my ankles. I normally wear boots in the winter and I am certain this is what caused the problem. I'm wondering why it would cause this and will it ever go away? Is there any cream that I can use to help? it is noticible enough to see if I was to wear shorts or a skirt. Thanks for your help.
I am a Caucasian woman from Germany, 45 years old, and I have the exact same problem after wearing ankle boots for about 2 months this winter. Now that it's springtime and I'm ready to wear skirts and sheer pantyhose I'm dismayed to see that the discoloration just won't go away.

How did this turn out for you? Did you get any help?