Skin discoloration on bikini area and underarm
Hi! I am a 24 years old Afician American, and I'm not sure how long, mAybe ever since puberty, I noticed that the skin on my bikini area as well as the skin on my underarm is darker than the rest of my body. I had stopped shaving for a year thinking thAt I would see a change, but I have not. I am currently shaving with mini clippers, so there isn't any irritation to the shin. I do not get bumps, so there are no marks possible. Oh, and my hAir is course. What can be the reason for this?  I want my skin to be even.
It can be hyperpigmentation of skin which results from continuous sweating of the area. This darkening occurs when an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin color, forms deposits in the skin.

Treatment involves hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment. Please discuss these options with your dermatologist before using them.

Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Warm regards.