Dermatology Expert Forum
Skin growth in pubic hair region

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Skin growth in pubic hair region

My boyfriend recently found a small, warty-looking growth in the public hair region above and to the side of his penis.  It is less than a quarter inch in diameter, and it is slightly browner than the surrounding skin.  It feels warty to the touch, and it feels like the entire growth is not attached to the skin, like a mole might be, but rather, that it is only attached on a portion of the growth.  He noticed it a few weeks after he had cut down the hair in his pubic region (with a scissors, not shaved).  I wonder if it could be a skin tag that emerged as a result of his cutting his hair?  It does not hurt to the touch or cause any pain except mental pain right now because he is not sure what it could be.  Thanks very much for your thoughts on this question.
Hard to say.  It could be a wart or it could be a skin tag or even a mole.  Most warts are on the shaft of the penis.  In any case, it should be diagnosable and removable in a flash.  I thin that for both medical and psychological reasons, he should see a doctor and get it taken care of.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
it is probably all in my head but does the penis grow during pueberty?
does the penis grow during pueberty?
it is probably all in my head but does the penis grow during pueberty
hi
A related discussion, genital mole caused by shaving was started.