Dermatology Expert Forum
Skin growth in pubic hair region
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Skin growth in pubic hair region

My boyfriend recently found a small, warty-looking growth in the public hair region above and to the side of his penis.  It is less than a quarter inch in diameter, and it is slightly browner than the surrounding skin.  It feels warty to the touch, and it feels like the entire growth is not attached to the skin, like a mole might be, but rather, that it is only attached on a portion of the growth.  He noticed it a few weeks after he had cut down the hair in his pubic region (with a scissors, not shaved).  I wonder if it could be a skin tag that emerged as a result of his cutting his hair?  It does not hurt to the touch or cause any pain except mental pain right now because he is not sure what it could be.  Thanks very much for your thoughts on this question.