Skin is not healing

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin is not healing

I have found in the last few months that my skin wont heal on my arms and legs. If I get a byte or just a sketch I have to watch it to make sure it doesn't get infected, I have found that it is best to bathe them in salt , but even then it may take up to two months to heal and some even longer. I have had a sore on my arm for about 3 months, it will reach the point of healing over and than become inflamed.  
have you tried making sure you consistantly use antibiotic ointment, keep the area clean and dry?

You may need to see your doctor about antibiotics.
Delayed wound healing can occur in vitamin C and vit K deficiency,diabetes,p-rotein deficiency, immunocompromised states and if the person is taking corticosteroids or immunosuppressants.

Take some vitamic C supplements and eat lots of citrus fruits. Also get your fasting blood sugar levels done. If the symptoms persist then please consult a physician. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.