Skin issues(face)
Hello, I have always had clear skin. I used to have combination skin type, but now it's extremely dry even though I use moisturizer. It is uncomfortably dry and feels irritated  and stings when I wash and moisturize. My face looks red and a bit blotchy. I am using the same facial wash and moisturizer that I have been using for a few years now and I don't use much make up. I did however buy a pack of facial towelettes, and use them a few times. That's the only thing I have used that's different. what is going on?
It can be due to photodermatitis or pityriasis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and itching. Topical and oral steroids are needed. Water, sweat, and soap may cause irritation and should be avoided in the disease. Topical zinc oxide and calamine lotion are useful for pruritus.

Initially, a primary plaque, called a herald patch, is seen. Then it is followed by a distinctive, generalized rash 1-2 weeks later. The rash lasts approximately 2-6 weeks and is found in a Christmas tree pattern over the trunk and abdomen.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.