Skin on feet coming off in very thick layers. Painful!
I've always had quite flat feet and this cause problems with walking long distances etc without pain. However over the last few weeks I have noticed the skin on both of my feet drying out quite considerably. The sole's are now thick and numb, they are so thick I have hardly any sensation on the heels especially. The skin on my right foot is the worst it is now peeling off in very thick lumps (about 3-4 milimeters thick) it got so bad I had to use a scalpel to cut it off, underneath instead of health tissue it too is dried out and yellowed, also raw at the edges and tender. I've tried moisturising creams and anti fungals incase it is that but nothing seems to work. I've also tried foot baths and pumice stones etc. I do have a doctors appointment soon but it is really beginning to worry me and I am on my feet a lot through work.
You should immediately meet dermatologist. The cause could be dry skin or excess working in water, allergic to some irritant etc. Try to cover your feet always. Apply petroleum jelly in night. Wear plastic slippers when in water. Stop working in water for long. Wash your feet regularly with warm water and added salt. Remove dry skin by scrubbing it thoroughly.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.