Slightly raised Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Slightly raised Rash

I have had a rash for, a little over two years on and off now.  It used to spread across my chest down my back crawl up my lower abdomen and go to my legs and feet.  I've tried every lotion possible, and nothing is getting the rash on my thighs and butt to go away. It isn't itchy and it is slightly raised but more looks like rough patches.  The rash across my chest and back and abdomen went away and it all looks the same.  I know that I shouldn't have let it got this long, but I'm worried about skin cancer.  It is pink the same color as my skin for the most part, but when I take a shower it reddens. My mother has been telling me its just dry skin, but recently I made a dermetologist appointment... can someone please help me..
Such kind of non itchy rash can be due to atopic dermatitis, pityriasis rosea or psoriasis. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.
Psoriasis is a long-term (chronic) skin problem that causes skin cells to grow too quickly, resulting in thick, white, silvery, or red patches of skin.It is thought that psoriasis occurs when the immune system overreacts, causing inflammation and flaking of skin.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.