Small Clear Itchy Blisters under the skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

This is in response to the many people out there with the same thing,
I have suffered at the hand of these blisters for 16 years, and have outbreaks from 1 or 2 on my fingers to many hundreds on the souls of my feet to the point my entire soft soul of my feet where covered in them, at the time I put the bad outbreak down to being homeless and put it down to not changing my socks as often as I did,
I have had very small outbreaks of 1 and 2 here and there but when I separated from a partner in 2000 I got them again but not as bad small patches of 20 or 30, and right now as I am having problems at home I have started to get another flair up of them, it started with about 10 or so in a very small group, which people with this know is the worst kind of flair up as it make 1 big blister which is not only itchy as hell but tender to the touch, this is what alerted me that they where back when I pressed the space bar, I have never had it in my mouth and have burst many of the ones on my hands with my teeth, and after you put up with pain of now having holes in your fingers as lets face it when they are popped it leave a deep hole for such a small blister, it dries up in an hour and within 2 days its gone, but if left unpopped it gets bigger and joins with its friends to make a bigger one :(
At the moment it is affecting my Middle finger on my left hand and Thumb on my right hand, I am 99.99% sure in my case this is brought on by stress,
but the origin of it being "Sub dermal Eczema or Dermatitis"  is ****... why do I know this
I gave it to my step dad after I put on his slippers to go outside then when I got back he took them from me and put them on straight away and within a week he had the same blisters, and not having them before or being blood related in any way the ONLY way he could have got them was from me....
Clearly the medical profession doesn't give a rats *** about this unless one of the senior medical staff end up with it then look into its causes and also if it is infectious, I have had 3 doctors tell me its Dermatitis, Eczema and an allergy and as far as food being a cause, I did a detox diet for 3 weeks of eating Juice of Carrot, Tomatoes and oranges and it didn't make a blind bit of difference to my blisters one way or the other,
I have lived with this much longer than most people here and have noticed it mainly through stressful times, either by my immune system being low or the stress itself increases the outbursts but I do believe that this is CONTAGIOUS!!!!

This discussion is related to small, subdermal 'blisters'.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be dyshidrotic eczema. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide). Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

I get these small itchy blisters too, and they do spread if you are not careful.  I use Amcinonide Cream - it takes about a week for the small blisters to go away w/ the cream.  It is a 1% steroidal cream and so you should be careful w/ its use.  I have yet to get a clear answer as to what these bumps are, but for me, treating it as excema does not work.  
Has anyone considered the possibility of a gluten/wheat allergy?  I was diagnosed my whole life (37 years) with having excema.  My 11 year old son was recently diagnosed with celiac disease--many thanks to a wonderful and thoughtful physician who took the time to research it.  These blisters could be what is called dermatitis herpetiform--NOT related to herpes and is NOT contagious...and goes away COMPLETELY on a gluten free diet.  No medications, nothing! Just a diet change.  Back to my excema---it's gone.  It was this dermatitis herpetiform.  I am a celiac, and likely have been since childhood.  Docs in the US take about 10 plus years to diagnosis compared to in Europe.  Why?--who knows.  Just isn't thought to be common I guess.  However, statistically it is thought that 1/133 people have Celiac disease.  Not all will have this dermatitis, but some do. Hope this helps someone.
Hi, I had this also. I had it treated by a doctor that perscribed Lamisil. It is a common fungis that some people are sensitive to but not all. That is why after you used your father's slippers he was infected.I got it from a pair of shoes I bought. If left untreated it can spread to finger and toe nails. My doctor had a big fancy name for it but I forget what it was. Lamisil worked great... I got rid of all fungis that I had, jock itch, athletes foot, nail fungis...all within 3 months. I'm no doctor but its worth looking into.