Small Lump on penis shaft (picture)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small Lump on penis shaft (picture)

7256111?1316541043
I have had a lump on the underside of my penis, on the shaft, for a few months now. it wasn't sore or anything, but i could feel it through the skin, it was a hard white lump. It started itching today, and it had what looked like a white head on it.. so i squeezed it and nothing happened, but it has become softer and the white color has gone. The area now feels bruised to the touch..
i have done some research and it may be an infected follicle? But i just worried because it is on my penis..

(its bumped up a bit more than in picture)
Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be folliculitis, cyst or genital wart (caused by HPV infection).

Apply warm compresses, Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lumps persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.