Small painful red bumps below chest, that have tiny black dot in center...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small painful red bumps below chest, that have tiny black dot in center

I formed a small rash last week, that is painful when touched. It has not spread or gotten any bigger in size. It tends to itch and is very painful when I gently touch the rash. They are located underneath my right breast, but down a little lower.  Their are 6 small red dots with a tiny pin-sized black dot in the center of each one. I ruled out shingles when talking to a few different people. What could this be?
  • Itching (1 replies):
    how do you know if you have shingles
  • rash on back (1 replies):
    Hello. My boyfriend has a rash on his back and now its s...[more]
  • Burning rash (3 replies):
    I have a rash right below my arm pit, I thought they we...[more]
  • Skin Rash (1 replies):
    About 10 years ago I had a rash all over my body but not...[more]
  • Itchy, painful bumps (1 replies):
    Two days ago, I felt itchiness at the side my right brea...[more]
No improvement, any ideas?
Did you find what the problem was you were having? because it seems that i have the same rash in the same area that you had yours. what is it?
The symptoms are suggestive of shingles. Shingles occurs in people who have had chickenpox and represents a reactivation of the dormant varicella-zoster virus. The first sign is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days. When the rash is at its peak, symptoms can range from mild itching to extreme and intense pain.

Treatment of shingles includes antiviral drugs, steroids, analgesics and anti viral eye drops.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.