Small part of hair near roots is sticky/slippery?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hello! So i've been having a problem with my hair near the roots where it's sort of sticky or slippery and i usually have to wash my hair everyday now because its kind of gross to leave it more than a day. I don't know what may be causing it? Should i try hair masks and see? I don't think its my shampoo because i've been trying other shampoos but they do the same thing.
Also, I have never dyed my hair. I only straighten it and that's all the damage i do to my hair.
Tags: hair, root, sticky, problem, slippery, parts
There is no medical condition as such which causes oiliness of the hair.I would suggest you to clean your hair frequently with a mild shampoo(you can use the ones for oily hair) and don’t apply any conditioner on the hair.Also you can shampoo twice during each wash and apply shampoo on the scalp without piling the hair on top.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hello! I am shampooing my hair every other day like i used to and it seemed to be working but i just washed my hair today and it feels sticky near the roots again, i only apply conditioner to the top half of my hair and it not near the roots. I don't know if i'm just hallucinating because i've been told thats where your hair stores your oils or if it really is oily.
i meant top bottom half of my hair, sorry for the mistake.