Dermatology Community
Spider Bite-MRSA??
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Spider Bite-MRSA??

Hi, about four days ago as I was getting into bed I suddenly noticed an itching about five inches below my belly button. I guess what you would call the pelvic area. It looked like a mosquito bite-red and inflamed and itching, but I hadn't been outside. The next day another bite showed up that was more red was about an inch and half from the first bite. The bites are still not gone and are just slightly itching-still pretty red. My boyfriend thought that they might be spider bites and now my roommate has scared me with something called MRSA. I'm praying that this will not be the case because from what I have researched this is a scary thing. I'm 23 year old female and work in a residential treatment center so its somewhat like a hospital, but I do not work in the medical area. I would appreciate any guidance and whether or not a doctor's visit is in order. Thank you very much.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Just a contact dermatitis, nothing to do with MRSA.
Blank
Thanks...would that happen from a spider bite? I looked up contact dermatitis, but didn't see much about the affects of a bite. I'm just surprised its lasting this long five days.
Blank
A delayed hypersensivity classically lasts for few days- may not be per say due to the bite but proteins liberated during the bite,an inflamatory process.
Blank
And an irritant dermatitis to be more precise,my reply was first to rapidly remove the fear factor.
Blank
Thanks because I can be a little hypochondriac sometimes-so I was pretty paranoid about the possibilities of MRSA, but have heard it occurs more in children and elderly. Bites still not gone today and possibly looks like its spreading.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank