Dermatology Community
Strange Bumps?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Strange Bumps?

I was giving my boyfriend oral sex the other day, and as i was, i noticed there were little bumps on the tip of his penis, right near the external urethral orifice. I didn't think much of it, but it appeared rather quickly. Seemed like overnight. It was dark, so i couldn't see the bumps, but i could feel them. The skin seemed kind of rough. He hasn't been with any other women, but i'm not sure. Could it be a STI ?
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Without external examination it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis,but the various possibilities for your boyfriend’s symptoms are folliculitis(might only be felt as small lumps in the skin commonly with a hair arising from centre) , pearly penile papules(multiple, small (about 1-3mm) papules running around the circumference of the crown of the glans (glands) penis) , Fordyce spots (small (1-5mm) bright red or purple papules that can appear on the penis and usually effect younger men), sweat dermatitis or contact dermatitis(appear as red small lumps with itching or burning),folliculitis or genital warts.

I sincerely advise your boyfriend to consult a dermatologist and get himself evaluated for these possibilities.Till then, he should keep the area clean, wear lose comfortable clothes to avoid sweating, use a powder to keep the area dry  and use calamine lotion at the sites. Oral antihistamine medications would help if the lesions are itchy.

I hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.
Blank
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979