Strange bump on lip
Hello, I noticed this strange bump on my lip one evening. At first it upset me because I thought it was a cold sore, but then, only a few hours later, the bump went away, leaving only a bit of dry skin. Now, two days later, the dry skin is still there. It looks slightly whiter than the rest of my lip and could have been this way that evening. I don't remember as I only had a short time to look at it. I don't remember the bump being there earlier that day. I noticed it while I was eating dinner.
What could this have been?

Alex
This bump on the lips could have been a canker sore. Drink plenty of water and take multivitamin supplements and do not apply lipstick or other cosmetic products for some days. Use a humidifier to moisturize the air in your home and apply shea butter or Vaseline on your lips.

If the symptoms persist then get it checked from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you very much.
The bit of rough skin has gone away.

It could have been the development of a canker sore. Lately I have been getting frequent canker sores inside my mouth. I don't know why though