Strange rash on top of foot

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Strange rash on top of foot

3503673?1223446780
About a month ago or so my husband complained about an odd rash on the top of his foot but it must not have been too bothersome because he didn't do anything about it, and i never noticed it until he pointed it out...but about a week or two ago I guess the itching got worse so he started using Lotrimin, thinking it was athlete's foot...but it wasn't between his toes at all and after a few days of using it the rash started turning a dark brown, so i told him to stop using it...It's on the top of both feet...I took a picture several days ago, after he'd stopped using the Lotrimin, and then the next picture is a couple days later...his feet had gotten wet and the skin just sort of peeled off...
What could this be? Should he see a regular doctor or a dermatologist, or try something over the counter first?

Without examination,it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis,but it can be due to heat rash,contact dermatitis to socks or shoes,rashes due to friction rub, sweat dermatitis, fungal infections,nummular eczema or venous indsufficiency.

Oral antihistaminics like benadryl or claritin,oral steroids and topical application of steroids and calamine are the minstay of treatment.If the itchy rashes still persist then consultation of a dermatologist will be the best.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how your husband is doing and if you have any additional queries.