Strange rash that started like bug bites

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

5768188?1275976052
Four days ago I was out of town and when I woke up in the hotel room I had a small cluster of about five bumps that resembled bug bites. That evening the bumps were more pronounced and itchy, it has progressed until now where the bumps now look like two u shapes with small blisters, I have a slightly raised or swollen area under the u shaped bumps of about 2 and a half inches, it is also tender.Any helpful comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
From the symptoms the possibility of insect bites is high. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort .For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

i have almost the same problem but with a few more details.. i recently learned that i have Hidradenitis suppurativa, it is a type of skin disease but do not worry, it's treatable!