Sudden Redness and swelling on face?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Sudden Redness and swelling on face?

Two days ago I woke up and my face was dry, red, swollen under my right eye and felt like it was covered in small bumps. This has never happened to me before! I can't think of anything that could have caused it. It's just my cheeks and chin. It's more severe on the right side.

Just for background - I do have eczema but it's only ever been on my hands and it's fairly mild. I also blush very easily, I don't know if that matters ... but my face gets red for any reason, if i'm hot, embarrassed, anything happens to me and my face is beet red and it takes quite a while to go back to normal. Normally, the skin on my face is very pale.

thanks for any help.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be allergies or contact dermatitis. Pls take some oral antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin and consult a doctor.Steroids are needed and they are available on prescription.The other possibility is of rosacea.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.