Dermatology Community
Sun reaction on face causing rash, photosensitivity? Help?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sun reaction on face causing rash, photosensitivity? Help?

Hi

27 years old and have suffered skin disorders all my life such as eczema and allergies. Over the past 2 years i have developed a reaction on my face and neck when exposed to the sun, rash will appear approx 24-48 hours after exposure, is red, raised and hot, will last for a few days.  I have taken stelroid based medicine such as prednislone for severe allergic reactions in the past, have used strong and light cortisone creams on my face in the past, also have asthma prevention medication. I don't know what could be causing the reaction on my face and have been to dermatologists, naturopaths, chinese herbalists and general GP's but cannot find any answers.

I don't use the above products anymore bar the asthma medication as i have grown out of the allergies but when i have the sun exposure i have been using these to help settle the reaction (including antihistamines) is there something still in my system that is reacting with the sun, what can i do to stop this or cleanse my body?

I am in the sun during winter time playing netball but now its coming into spring even the early morning sun is giving me grief...

Any help, comments or opinions would be greatly appreciated

Tasha