Sunburn like patches, itchy and red
I used my wifes dermologica skin care pack over amonth ago. I persume this started it although my doctor told me it was a food allergy when I went so it may not have been. My face went patchy, itchy and red. IT lasted for approx 2 weeks, I only used aqueous cream and anti-hystamines. I have contact dermatitus anyway and have a lot of allergies with touvhing different things.
My skin eventually went dry and was still a little pacthy but not as red. I started to keep a food diary.
Last week my face started again same as before, today its so bad it looks like ive been burnt, I am struggling and feel I dont know what to do with myself its that painful. I am going to get an emergency docs app tomorrow but am worried they will not be able to advise that well. Any idea/help welcome. Thanks
It can be due to contact dermatitis or eczema skin. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used , whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid. But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist. Symptoms  can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

I sincerely hope it helps. Take care and please do keep us posted on how you are doing. Warm regards.