Sweat like crotch smell

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Sweat like crotch smell

I have a horrible odor coming around my crotch, and it's not due to uncleanliness because the odor is present event right taking a bath, I don't know what to do, what kind of doctor should i consult with or what actions can I take myself, I've already shaved off all my pubic hairs in the crotch area and am currently using baby powder to isolate the odor?

Second question, I also feel that there is a second odor which is from my anal area, I always feel this moist building up in that area during the day, I frequently go to the bathroom to wipe this off, usually it has no color but there is a kind odor that's left behind on the toilet paper including a stink on my underwear, what could it be? Perhaps it would be worthy to mention letely after going to the bathroom (bawl movement) I notice that after i wipe clear, 15-20 minutes later if I go back to wipe, it seems as i had not wiped the first time, their is still stains, I've also tried wash the area after bawl movement instead of wipe, but that didn't work either, what could be the problem.

I'm 25 years old, a smoker, occasional drinker (1-2 beers a week, maybe), try to heat healthy, etc

Tags: crotch
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This could be a fungal infection in your groin. Are there other symptoms present? Diagnosis is usually through obtaining skin scrapings on the affected area and evaluating it under the microscope. Fungal infection usually responds to anti-fungal medications.

Anal abscess  is an infected cavity filled with pus found near the anus or rectum. Pus drains out if the skin over the abscess breaks. An abscess usually results from an acute infection of a small gland just inside the anus.  An anal fistula, on the other hand, usually results from a previous abscess.It is a small tunnel connecting the anal gland from which the abscess arose to the skin outside the anus.  Persistent drainage of pus from the outside opening may indicate the presence of this tunnel. If the outside opening of the tunnel heals while the inside opening remains, recurrent abscess may develop.

It would be best to have this evaluated further for proper management. You may consult a colorectal specialist for both problems. Stool softeners may also help.

Take care and regards.
Thank you for the comment! I'll try and find a doctor who can do this, I hope it's not to hard to find a specialist doctor like this as I've never had this problem before.
Hi, I have not been able to find a colorecteal specialist, is there any other kind doctor specialist i can go see that you can recommend by profession and what can i do myself to help?
Also what's a Stool Softener?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

How are you? A colorectal specialist would be able to help in evaluating and visualizing the pelvic region. If your problem still persists, you could  visit your doctor and be referred to a specialist that he may know of in your area. A stool softener is a substance that draws water back into the stool, making it softer and easier to pass. This is also indicated in constipated patients. Take care and regards.
hi , stool softners are like fiber pills its like mild laxatives . try a gastrointanologist  they deal with stomach and intestinal problems
The stool softener, like Md says pulls water back into stool ( waste products) so it is easier to pass throught colon and out rectum. There is also a stool-softener with stimulant (laxative) that usually results in bowel movement in 6-12 hours. Again, as MD suggests, see your doc and they can refer you to a spec. if not your local hosp can usually refer or suggest specialist, depending on where you live. The baby powder will hold the moisture and may help promote yeast infection. It powder used for moisture absorption, try one with an antifungal. MD may not agree, but I have used Ones for "jock itch". Guess it's still called that?
also try wearing undies with at least a cotton crotch if not already doind so. Amini pad can also help with moisture absorption, if you can stand the "bunglesome" feeling. (not sure if that's a word ) Hoping for answers and success for you. Blessings   Madlyn
Thank you all for your comments, I appriciate it.  I will take a look into the able-to-do-now suggestions from mommy52 in the meantime while i consult with a doctor.  I'll update on my state when i have results. thanks all again! i'll be back again on here soon!
Hi All, I've been going to doctors recently, unfortunetly i have not had any success i still suffering from odor under the crotch, an occassional itch and bad one too at times as well as occassional rash/redness inbetween the croch area, i've used a few medicines but nothings worked so far, I've been told to use Bayer's CANESTEN but this only creats a worser itch and harshens the smell which also takes alot longer clean off in the shower then not applying the cream at all also i've been told to take vitem b6 twice a day but still there is a little improvement but not much,  is there any other cream or treatmeant i can use??? Anyone out there have the same problem and know the treatment for this problem!?
i know this post is old but just in case you are still having troubles Try miracle mineral solution and dont listen to the anti mms people IT WORKS it cures many diseases caused by virus,bacteria,fungus, etc basically anything that isnt supposed to be living in or on you will die off and as long as you follow the protocol you will be fine as far as the natural flora in the intestinal tract these will live the bad will die.If it can cure hep c it will kill whatevers making your crotch stink.Could be just fungus like that which causes jock itch but may be something else that has made its way to your butthole too .I have had anal abcesses and almost fistula its not easy showin your crotch to nurses especially your butthole but you just gotta deal with it lol  but you can get mms online just make sure you find someone with the real thing or learn how to make your own its easy the directions can be found online at jim humbles site i think if the feds havent made him stop doing even that much even though he has saved many especially from malaria a huge killer of people in tropical regions where there are mosquitos carrying the organism that causes malaria.MMS kills malaria just about overnite.
Or instead of taking MMC, you could chug back some bleach.  They are chemically identical.  MMC is a dangerous substance, do not take it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_Mineral_Supplement