The Raised Red Ring......

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

The Raised Red Ring......

I have a raised red ring that comes up on my back every 2-3 months and it stays for about 3-5 weeks.. it has retruned yet AGAIN.....It itches sometimes....it starts as a small "Pimple" like redness, but never forms a blister.  It shows up in the middle of my back, in the SAME spot everytime.  I also get the rings sometimes on my scalp in the back of the head....and Sometimes I will also get red bumps behind the ear that also itch and on the forehead (but they never turn into a ring) It occurs the same time the back develops.  NOW, I have a red circle under the armpit...it has been here for 3 months.  I've gone to numerous doctors and finally a dermatologist who did not recognize the skin condition, but said something with a "C"...he called in his assistant to take a look at it as well....I should have listened, but assumed it would be gone shortly....They took a clipping of my toenail to check for fungi.  They ruled out Lupus, ringworm, eczema, psoriasis....and the dermatologist gives me approx. 15-20 shots of cortizone in the areas everytime and says it will eventually go away.......WELL...it comes back time and time again...I've looked for photos, looked for symptoms from other people, etc...IT"S DRIVING ME INSANE not knowing what this skin problem is.....I read on here someone with the same symptoms, but I cannot find him now that I lost the info when I had to register....if anyone has similar symptoms, please contact me.....I'm unsure of what to do to get rid of this annoying problem.  Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

I will try to post a photo...If I can figure out how to take one of my own back.....
D
hi,
my husband has a similar rash on his arm. it begins to look like it is going away and then the next day it will be that much worse. the doctor gave him some hydrocortisone with steriods but nothing has worked so far. they are circular red rashes that have spread up and down his right arm, so far, no one else has gotten it, and it hasnt spread beyond that arm. it has little white puss filled bumps in it. it looks like a ring worm in a way but that's not it. the dr is referring us to a dermatologist, but we don't know what it is yet. i have been looking on here and all over the web to find related pictures and such, no luck so far.if you can post your pictures on here and i will do the same.
thanks in advance
Thanks for the response..my brother also has them on his arm....of course them being on my back, it wasn't the easiest taking a photo of myself, but you can see it....I dont recall puss filled bumps, but then again, I can't reach around to take a closer look.....see if these photos look similiar
Thanks,
D
sorry for the ignorance, but i do not see where to look at the photos at..is it on your profile or what
I'm not sure why they're not coming up.....when I pull this link up they show when you click on the "Red Ring" Link.....sorry, I'm not sure what to do.....I believe it would be ME that would be the ignorant one.....so sorry

**I'll see if I can fix the problem**
D
no way its totally the computer's fault. lol you can email it to me if you want my email is ***@****
whoa...lol thats not my email...well its the same as my screen name on here michaeliamarie  at yahoo . com
Did you ever find out what's causing the ring? I have the EXACT same thing on my chest. I've tried steroid creams, antihistamines, anti-fungal creams, you name it! Nothing has worked. The only thing that kind of helps is Calamine lotion, but it always comes back.
Has anyone found anymore info? I have one of these too and NOTHING has worked and no one knows what it is
Here's a thought...are any of you on a medication that you take daily? I take Zoloft and I've been taking it about as long as the ring has been showing up.
My General Practitioner said that it looks like some sort of auto immune disease. I am waiting for a follow up with a refferal doctor. If anything comes of it, I'll be sure to post it.