Thug Bugs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Thug Bugs

I've recently contracted an infestation of bugs that look like flakes of salt or pepper. they are barely visable at first but bite right away.  They behave like fleas in the sense that they jump and pop between my finger nails when I kill them.  In their adult stage they look like a cross between friut flies and mosquitos.  I went to see several docors and dermatologists about this problem.  One doctor told me it was scabies, another told me it might be fleas, although they refused to actually look at the bugs to be sure of what they were.  One doctor told me to go home, take a bath, and hire someone to clean my house.  She reccomended a phsyciatrist and proceeded to ask me if I was on drugs.  None of the above are true in my case.  I have found that cold baths seem to either kill or paralyze them.  I clean the floors with a rag and cold water regularly.  I also clean the counter tops the same way.  air conditioning (the colder the better) seems to kill or paralyze them as well.  I wash my clothes and bedding in cold water every day.  The mattresses and furniture are wrapped in plastic and completely sealed in packing tape and I wipe them completely down with cold water everyday.  This has been a nightmare for me.  Its cost me a small fortune to buy natural and chemical remedies that don't work.  I hardly sleep.  I hardly eat and I spend the entirtey of my day hunting the bugs down.  I've read on the net that applecider vinager may help.  You mix 3/4 applecider vinigar with 1/4 water and spray everything down with it.  I take about three cold baths a day.  They only seem to like me.  They multiply rapidly.  On me they seem to prefer living under my fingernails, bottoms of my feet, in between my toes, in my genitals.  They don't bite me in those places though.  They like to bite me mostly on my arms and legs, cheeks and back.  Prior to the cold baths, I used to feel them crawling in my ears, on my head and on my eyelashes, feet and genitals.  Don't listen those negative responders.  I've seen them and I know they are real.

good luck

This discussion is related to I definitely have some sort of bug/mite/flea infestation..
0%
 (0) 
external parasites
0%
 (0) 
mutated bugs
0 Members voted
BUGGED OUT, I BELIEVE YOU!

It has been suggested to me by a psychiatrist that I have psychosis because I'm plagued by bugs crawling & biting me but when I brush them away, I don't see anything!

I have had this problem off & on for many years! However, after reading your post, I began checking my fingernails & hands when I scratch or brush the bugs away & discovered that there are actually bugs! They are very small--some are like flecks of black, brown & white pepper, some are reddish-orange and I've even seen some green ones! I've seen some with antennae.

I have carpets & I feel them jumping around my ankles and feet when I'm walking in my apartment. I don't think they 'live' under my fingernails but when I scratch, they get caught under my nails & get on my hands.

I thought maybe it was fleas but I don't have pets. Then I thought maybe it was bed bugs but when I checked the internet, I'm positive that I don't have those because I thoroughly checked my furniture & beds & saw no signs.

I'm so freaked out about these bugs. I'm very sensitive to chemicals, so I don't want my landlord to spray--the landlord has sprayed for ants before but the effect didn't last long.

I've tried all sorts of natural remedies. I've tried spraying tea because the tannin is supposed to break down the hard outer shells. I've also tried vinegar washes, salt, soaps, enzyme detergents, pepper, cinnamon, peppermint, bay leaves, hot water, various body & foot powders, scouring powder (the powder contains silica which is supposed to scratch the outer shells & dehydrate them), bleach powder, orange essential oil, lemon juice, rubbing alcohol, tea tree oil & menthol gel--all to no avail!

I've washed myself down with rubbing alcohol but it didnt' do any good. I've even washed my hair & body with Denorex shampoo because I thought the smell might deter them but it didn't work. The menthol in the shampoo gave me some short relief from the itching but it didn't last long & the stuff stinks! I even used the shampoo to shampoo the carpets but all it did was make the apartment smell.

I bought some tea tree oil & beeswax cream & slathered myself with it because tea tree oil works for lice, so I thought it would deter these pests but they seem to like it & are attracted to it! They are driving me crazy! They crawl all over me & they bite! I feel them in my ears, in my nose, my eyelashes & all over my body.

I don't know why they are attracted to me...Nobody else can feel these bugs or is being bitten. I must give off something like a chemical in my sweat or something that attracts bugs because mosquitoes are also drawn to me. I've caught some of the bugs & I'm storing them in a pill container with rubbing alcohol so I can show my psychiatrist that I'm not hallucinating! The bugs are so small that it is difficult to get them into the container though & sometimes when I get some in my fingernails, they jump away before I can get them in the container. I want to show them to someone in pest control to find out what they are...

I think I will have to relent & get my landlord to spray & I hope I get some relief!

Bugged Out, I wish you luck & I hope you get some relief soon!
I just ran across some info on the net about these bugs & the description fits what I've been experiencing with tiny black bugs that look like pepper specks but some look like tiny bits of hair & they have various colors! These bugs are called, "Black Pepper Mites" & can be mistaken by doctors for scabies or bed bugs.

I've tried some of the remedies suggested on the site, like sprinkling salt around, even bathing in a salt solution & dosing myself with rubbing alcohol but I'm going to try Borax next. I hope it works!

This link lists how to get rid of "Black Pepper Mites":

Good luck!
Hi again, Buggedout,

Sorry, but the web address didn't post. The site suggested to spray everything down with Windex & then use something called, hi-yeild sulfer.

Anyway, try looking up "Black Pepper Mites" on the net for possible remedies that may work for you...

I think I'm going to shampoo the carpets with my enzyme cleaner called "Biomix 7 in 1". I tried sprinkling it around the windows and floors but I'll try washing the rugs with it. I bought some from the Salvation Army thrift store & it's powerful stuff. It can be used for anything like dishes & laundry.

Maybe the torture will end with enzymes!
  It's good to know that some one believes me.  Thank you.  I've tried a lot of the things that you tried, including taking a boiling hot bath with bleach like a doctor suggested, but none of it worked for me either.  They do seem to like tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil doesn't really help either.  We've tried salt on the carpet but it didn't work.  It's been suggested to me that they might be midges (also known as no-see-ums).  From my understanding there are no known natural remedies but they also seem to be highly resistant to chemical agents.  I'll try borax and high yeild sulfer and biomix 7 in 1 if I can locate any.  One last note:  They really like moisture and humidity. They don't like circulating air ( i.e. from fans or breezes, etc).  

Thanks for tha advice and lots of luck to you as well.
Hello again.  I wanted to let you know that my daughter gave me some kind of stress relief massage oil.  It's been keeping the bugs off of me pretty well (so far).  Its called    
    Organics by Noah's Naturals,  stress relief massage oil.  My daughter bought it at longs but i think you can go on to noahsnaturals.com to find it as well.

Good luck
I have seen the small town I live in become an itchy nightmare for the last two years. Besides the open scratching and wiping invisible cobwebs from the face and head, A red rash around the center of the face is the most obvious sign as well as a rash around the collar. Washing the face with fairly hot water relieves these symptoms but a slight rosieness remains at the lower edge of the nose.
I believe this is caused by a microscopic parasite which is highly contagious. Therefor, it would follow that ,unchecked, the parasite will inhabit the entire community. I believe this has already occurred and so your spouse has it (they aint talkin') as well as the doctor (he says it is psycological) and even Obama has it.
I recommend that you treat this problem rather than to simply endure it as you will be able to relax and also get a good nights sleep. A hot shower at night and straight to a clean bed (Hot clothes dryer sanitizes bedding).During the day, wash entire head in hot water when burning or itching occur there. You will have to do this a lot sometimes. Vaseline applied to the ankles and calves when you feel like something is crawling there.
Since everyone has it, you will never completely rid yourself of it but at least you can live more comfortably armed with these simple tools.
As another posted, they like heat and moisture. A little sweat on the back and instant itching. Moisture in the ears and it feels like crawling. Sometimes inside the nose itching can be relieved only by flushing with warm water.
When a cure for this finally arrives, it will not be due to any help from the family practitioner who calls it psycological even tho he has it. This site is the first place I have seen this malady discussed so any credit for unmasking this thugbug is due to this forum.
I think you are absolutely right, the ruddiness is probably a demodex mite, they do live on us naturally but some people seem to attract them we would be called "host"  there are so many types of mites that if your are vulnerable to one ,probably many!  One thing I have found is of course what you already suggest,Also,  put tide original laundry soap into a  hose sprayer and spray everything outside the house, fence retaining walls plants, soil, driveways, outside furniture,and everything needs o be sudsy...don't rinse the plants love it and it takes mite #'s way down depending on how exteme infestation is determines how often needed, every season change at the very least.
Vacuum is your best defense indoors
Vacuum is your best defense indoors
It's me buggedout by thug bugs. I've found out that by reducing their numbers they actually die when the snow comes. I wont go into the nightmarish story I've been through. Enough to warn you not to take anything the doctor gives you to relax or sleep. I have a better solution. I will start by saying that I don't have a permanent solution for those of you who live in humid climates where it doesn't snow. I have suggestions to ease the misery and give you a good nights sleep and virtually bite free days. Better than enzymes or any of the other stuff thats posted out there, I will tell you that a mixture of Dr. Bronners peppermint soap, amonia (ammonia) and borax helps the best. I know. I've experimented with almost all of them. Use this in your sprayers and in your bath. First cover your matresses n pillows w/ a heavy plastic and seal with packing tape. Spray with the mixture everyday. If you're severely infested as I was then do it several times a day. Buy a 20 qt pot to boil your clothes, sheets and towels daily.I bought a canning pot with a rack for $25.00 from OSH. I let things boil for an hour. That means actual boiling time. You should not use comfortors or blankets. Use a space heater or or fan instead, as the temperature dictates. Take what I call bath/showers. I put a good squirt of Dr. Bronners, a cup of borax and a cup of amonia (ammonia) in my bath. I scrub myself thoroughly with sulfer soap and my washcloth. I shampoo my hair with Selsun Blue or an off name brand that contains the same ingredients. While draining my bath I bring in my flip flops and scrub them with my washcloth n leave in the tub. I next start my shower. I have the nozzle set to jet stream. Mine is removable so I aim it at all areas of particular problems, mostly my feet. after I shower off I allow the water to run at the nozzle in cold water and run it over my arms, legs and feet. When I'm done, I throw one towel on the floor (never let your feet touch the floor and have no rugs in your bathroom) and I dry myself with the other. I get my previosely boiled clothes out of the bag and dress over the towel. I then put the towels in bag. Before I get into bath I undress and put those clothes into bag. I place these into hamper for washing. I don't waste money on any special ingredients for washing as I will be boiling these items later. To ease yourself until you can get your pot, you can steam iron your clothes and towels. Don't travel all over your home with the exception of vacuuming and steam cleaning. I use the same paths everyday. I sit on one diningroom chair all of the time. I wash my arms, hands, legs and feet quite regularly. When I first startd this regimen I would also have to use packing tape in order to pull any left over bugs off of me. I only had to do this for about 2 weeks. I now sleep well and bite free. During the day, I am virtually bite free except for some occasional crawling sensation. For my car I spray the Dr. Bronners mixture all over my floor board, seats, etc. before getting into my car. I turn on the air conditioner on my feet full blast and that keeps them off of me. Lastly, do not use anything that seems to alleviate this initially but shortly thereafter you feel the insane biting. Things like raid, rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover, ointments like tiger balm or vicks etc. should be avoided. What I'm experiencing now is a reinfestation. The first time I made my situation far worse than it should have been by using so many of the products that are suggested on many of these postings. What I've found out is that when these things feel as if they're being killed off it triggers some sort of survival of the species mechanism. They bite insanely because they need the nourishment for the tons of eggs they are now laying. It got so bad in my house that when I steam cleaned, the canister looked like I had dumped cans of coffee grounds it. I kept steam cleaning until the 4th time the steam cleaner became so clogged that it stopped working. Don't waste your money on things like DE or fleabusters as these things require for the bug to be activly crawling around in your carpet. These things are sedentary and do not move except to jump on you when you pass by. These things jump. You can check for yourselves by disturbing anyone of those black specks. By the way, when we feel those crawling sensations, they aren't actually crawling. What is happening (from personal observation) is that it is the smalllest of the black bugs digging there way into our skin. The white ones give a sort of stinging or burning sensation. The black ones that can more readily be seen are the ones that give us those tremendous bites and the ones that feel like splinters or cactus needles are the ones that have unrolled themselves and are stuck into us standing on edge. If you find things that look like long skinny pieces of lint, I have found that those are what I believe to be antenae. I don't believe these things are mites of any type. Study of mites indicates that they are not. I believe that these things are some sort of mutated fleas. Fleas mutate easily, esp. after being bombarded by chemicals. Fleas jump like these things do n mites don't. Fleas can live for years in dormant state. Mites can't jump or live off of their natural hosts for too long and they crawl which would make them easier to kill w/ DE or fleabusters. Fleas adapt easily to different hosts. They are virtually blind so They are more apt to jump on paper because it's a different color than the table. There are too many things to list and I guess it's not really important. Once again I warn you, do not take any prescription medications to help you sleep, relax or whatever. These things are extremely addictive and after they have you on these they want to put you on antipsychotics for the delusional parasitosis they believe you have. Don't do it. It could drive you insane and even kill you. Take my word for it, I've been there and I've had to detox myself because the doctors refused to help me get off. My health has suffered so much that now I'm on permanent disability. My prayers are with all of you. God bless you all.
As I've posted elsewhere, I'd like to suggest we start comparing notes as to our health, diet and whatever else types of issues we may have to try and figure out what we all have in common that makes these things so attracted to us. I no longer eat sugers or carbs and have started eliminating dairies from my diet. So far there's been no change. I wonder if it could be heavy metals in our system. I have started having a glass of red wine about an hour prior to my evening bath/shower. They don't seem to like it and leave me alone for several hours afterward. My bath/shower and boiling routine keeps them off of me for the rest of the night. I don't have any major health issues so I don't know what it could be. Please post things you've tried regarding your diet, health etc. so we might find some common ground and maybe figure out how to combat these things and win.
i have recently been having the same problem and they are leaving white balls on my clothes looks like lint but when you remove them more show up, i have bites from head to toe they dont seem to bother my boyfriend as much as they do me, i am going insane i just want to sleep maybe i will try sleeping in a tub full of water see if i get releif enough to sleep
I treated a client and she passed t hem on to me.  They do jump or fly and feels like getting stuck with a pin when they bite

I have not been successful either - I think they spread to everyone who comes to house now.  and they just keep bringing them back.  
]
I used diesel fuel  it does kill them on body and in spray bottle on floors that is what works for me.  they will not survive in diesel but, there is every opportunity for them to continue to return.
there are several stages to this bug. They generally look like little black specks. They hp when you disturb them. When they unroll, they can look like tiny hair specks or they may look like longer strings of lint. They can also appear to be white. I used to believe that they fly but in reality I have found that they do not fly but rather, they are so small that they can easily be carried about by the slightest movement of air. I use a mixture of Dr. Bronners peppermint soap with amonia (ammonia) and borax. I use it to spray things down, including myself. I use it to bath in and I put it in my steam cleaner. I boil my clothes, sheets, and towels everyday. I don't use covers of any sort. I use a smal space heater instead. They do die down during snow season. I was so severely infested that it took me 2 snow seasons to completely get rid of them. Unfortunately, I started unpacking some boxes that were still infested and these things go dormant for several years so I reinfested myself. Of all the suggestions that are out there by well meaning people, including myself, I have found that the only thing that kills these things permanently is the extreme cold weather that comes with the snow. I have found that chemicals may kill the adults but some chemicals cause them to lay a ton of eggs before they die. That's not a good thing because it makes the infestation so much worse. I no longer use any chemicals. I just steam clean regularly, bathe and shower of w/ my mixture of Dr. Bronners, amonia (ammonia), and borax and I boil and wipe down the plastic covering on my matress with the same mixture. If you continue to do this, you could probably get rid of most things and move without taking them with you.
I do not believe these micro mites are attracted to certain individuals but are bothering the whole human race. I see people on the news worldwide with the rosy areas on their (white) faces. Politicians caught by the camera touching their heads. So, why is it none will reveal they have cooties? Because, if they do, they must explain their prior silence.
It is a universal taboo to speak of such things.
Sure these are classic symptoms of a very real disorder and the two should not be confused.
I have been around the world and had crabs, and Scabies. I have been attacked by Gnats, Biting flys, chiggars, Ticks, and Sierra No Seeums, but have never seen anything like this. It is as if a new, more aggressive Mite has arrived. I would like to see a scientific study done to identify it.
If my hypothesis is correct,   Doctors all have the mitymite so will be unable to help due to their own  phobias.                                                                                                                                                      
I am 62 years old and I have been suffering from this for about two months.  These things really hurt.  Doctor says it sounds like an infestation but could not offer any clues.  She thought that since it began in November it might be the result of dry skin.  I know the CDC studied this and concluded that it is all in the person's mind.  Don't believe it.
Let's see what we have in common:
I live in San Diego, CA
I had a cat who had fleas (before he passed on in November).
Maybe some bug came along on the fleas?????
H E L P!!!!!!!!! I have attracted some tpye of bug that is driving me nuts. I have sprayed,fogged,cleaned,scrubbed everything so many times I'm fed-up. These bugs are in my carpet, clothes, bed, material seats every where. I have noticed them to be the most evident and pestering at midnight till dawn. then they taper off at daybreak. Is there anything that will get rid of these varmits. They jump on bite and jump off, while others crawl around, you can't see these things, whatever they are. When I treat these areas they subside a little but return it seems multiplied in force.   Somebody help with the right answer. P L E A S E!!!!!
I have come across these biting jumping dots after my dog dug up the lawn in the back yard, the lawn he dug up was under a lemon tree. This is where they originated from for me and were brought in by my dog as they had made themselves at home on the dog. Whereever the dog slept was where i had an infestation at first but they made their way onto my carpet, clothes bed and myself. My constant looking for them nearly had my kids ready to have me commited as they were not getting bites or seeing anything except little dots. I had a blanket outside that had been in the rain after a few days I went to pick it up and found a major infestation of them so i threw the blanket into the bath and caught 7 of them before flushing the rest down the drain of the bath. I found water and flyspray seem to kill them flea powder does not. on inspecting them through a magnifier they have little stripes on them looking very close to a bee with a stinger at the back and antennas at the front. they act like a flea but dont seem to have the hard exterior of one as they can be squashed easier.I have been spraying everything with flyspray but be aware they will be in your laundry, bathroom and bedroom in towels clothes etc so spray in drawers cupboards etc but they can be buried in the clothing pile and miss the elimination.
I believe these bugs are Dark Winged Gnats". In their early life cycle (5 days) they swarm and are barely visible.  As they grow they look like black specks.  The females bite often on the arms and also get in your hair.  Air cleaners help.  When you clean the filters you see small white glue-like residue.  Foggers help for a day or two.  Since they are drain flies I am beginning a 5 day treatment plan that includes pouring a half gallon of bleach down all drains at bedtime.  If successful I will post more details next week
I too have had these mysterious symptoms and have been blown off by7 doctors.I wonder if any of u have cats or been round cats or their feces. The reason I ask is because I helped someone clean their home that was full of ferall cats and thei ppoo. Got this rash, they thoughyt it was scabies, possibly some of it was, butgvery small thin black insect, that looks like it has wings are in my ears, noasterails and inside mouth,Once in a while I swear these things fly out alive, but most times they r dead.Ivermection x3 as well as cream x3 and these monsters r still here. Bottom of feet as well as sides of legs have yellow discharge. Bugs in feet legs torso arms scalp as well as face, some have come our with treatment byt hands fingers wrists as well as genetilia still affected as well as all mucus membranes. Please help me tackle this problem that may have been goin on for over 3 years.Thesre docs think im nuts or simply dont want to deal with infestations, i cannot stand this anymore,,,,,
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I take baths in ammonia, borax and Dr. Bronners peppermint soap in my bath water. This has helped the most. I either steam iron or boil my clothes, towels and sheets. I drink a glass of red wine every night before going to bed. Theses are the things that have helped me get them down to almost nothing. I hope this helps. I've just opened a facebook page just for discussion on these bugs, life,  support, etc. My name there is bugedout thugbugs. All please friend request me there. You can open a new facebook account with the name you use online in order to keep your annonimity.
has anyone tried Tumeric? It is no cure but it helps.
can get to FB page putting in that name?
Sorry, meant cannot seem to get to that FB page with that name.
wow,  your cas sounds awful, only consolation is you have bugs you can see, so you don't think you've lost your mind!   Ours are still invisible, aside from black specks and blue lint biting my daughters and myself for 3 weeks now, (that we are aware of, though think I've had them for a while)  Went to derm finally and of course says "no bumps, can't treat".  What about the red dots?, well those are from old age, but my 14 yr old has them too, that's old age, hello?  My 5 yr old is tanner so we can't see them on her.  DH has them but isn't bothered by them.  I started taking testosterone supplements from health food store, just to change my female makeup and may be coincidence, but doing better than my girls right now.  Also started taking mild silver protein (colloidal silver) also just started giving to my girls, though we will all probably turn blue if we take it too long.  Ihave used it for 15 yrs successfuly for many minor ailments. Will keep everyne posted.  Also doing salt baths and experimenting with different anti pararasite supplements now, will probably end up in ER from mixing too much, lol.  Not giving as much to girls, I have to be the guinea pig.  Have to get these things under control before school starts!    Enrolling in a microbiology class this fall, I think, so I can at least get access to higher powered microscope and maybe an intringued professor!    I haven't had any mysterious parallel scratches so far this week, knock on wood.  That's been the freakiest symptom for me, feel like I'm possessed!  May get lyme test scheduled with lyme specialist today, just for the hell of it.  
Sorry. My fb name is Bugedout Thugbugd. I don't know why it didn't post or maybe they removed it from my post.
I'll try again. Bugedout Thugbugs on fb
My physician also thinks I'm mentally ill. He cannot see anything. I live with my son who also thought I was losing it as nobody can see anything. WELL..I came up with cellophane tape (i.e. scotch clear tape), applied anywhere on my body.  The bugs stick to the tape and can't get off. My son looked through the tapes and said "Holy Cow". I'm going to my doctor next week with pieces of these tapes and can't wait to say "Look at my aniexty and imagination." All this infestation only started 3 weeks ago. I really believe I walked through a store with imported goods and they jumped on me. I have lived too long and never heard of anything like this before. These bugs have to be from another country or planet.
Thank you for your reply, just saw it!!!! Ill try to friend u, so much has happened!!!! waiting on results of a test that may intrest you, but it also may be nothing.....again... we will talk soon!!!!
sorry, i just saw ur response!!! I hope yours does not last long,I am going to try a cleanse, antiparatisitic, and have a head dr who believes me, took awhile but he saw them!!!! eh was dumbfounded as to why any other doctor does not have the patience to look, I understand there are ppl who do have delusional paratosis but these damn docs assume anyone with a small bug problem is delusional,i am so sick of it i could scream,if the test comes back positive, I have a chance of getting into NIH, the absolute best place in the ebtire world for reasearching this until they find out exactly what it really is. I pray every second that i will be accepted, will keep posting whats happening, perhaps this will help alot of you folks!!!
I totally agree!!!  Sounds like the beginning of my nightmare.
I totally believe you!!!  Sounds like same problem!!!
morgellons! look it up.
The bugs you don't see are actually black the size of a doodle bug and look like them as well.  When they come out they roll up and crumble.  I had one come out and was going to show it to my doctor and it crumbled in pieces before my eyes.  I just had a bunch of black mess when I tried to pick it up with tweesers. The bugs have ridges, are oval shaped and black.
I have been given Landane (quell shampoo), Permertin, ivecmin 5 days worth of pills nothing works permertin makes them worse they go crazy.  I've used many internet products to and they did not get rid of them.  My doctor gave me drugs for psycotics to calm me down. That didn't work either. I used extremly dangerous chemecials and it killed some of them but not all.  Therefore I know it is actually an insect and I am not crazy. I have been to the skin clinic in Oklahoma.  Over six dermatologist.  three in Dallas.  Three Hospitals and several general family Doctors.  None was of any help. I now am trying to go to a infectious disease doc.  OU has articles on morgellons and OU believes these people have some kind of bug infestation.
****.com might help and you can get some bath soaps lavender and ucalyptus salts at crouchbusygifts.com that might help.
Does anyone know why these parasites have become resistant to these particular drugs permerthin, ivermcin and landane (quell) shampoo.  Because today all of the vetenarians are using the only drugs that humans can safetly use on animals and it is making the parasites that also get on humans like scabies, lice, and whatever this is resistant.
hi Kimi,  

please keep me posted on my personal email...if i can find a way for you to have it without posting.   I have been suffering since 2007 and I am thinking about going to emergency since right now I feel its taking my life.  Please I need to keep in touch with someone.  I found your post to have hope if you get in to see someone who believes.  I have been thru it all of experiencing sooooo much.  I want to help bring this to light for all of us who need help in identifying the problem.  I have lost all my credibility due to this problem.  I am soooo tired of hiding every time I want to take time to treat this condition.  I have spent so much time on this and have lost so much.   Please keep in touch if you will.  Maybe we can support each other to find the answers.  Take care and keep us posted.
I beleive you. I have had this for 10 years. Feel them biting my ankles esp on the bath room. I see them fleatingly. Had the black/white spots and things crawling out of skin. Haven't seen them fora while. But still have breakout on face, hands, arms back of neck and ears. I was dx with glutatte psoriasis. it does feel like it affects my nerves. If i scratch 1 spot, i feel it also in another. my daughter in law got it too. She says they got rid of it. I haven't visited them, till my spots are completely gone. She washed everything everyday, using a hot dryerfor 1 hour, and using the plastic bags. A doctor told her it "could be" scabies. Anther doctor, same office, said mine is NOT scabies, but flea bites. My cats do scratch infrequently. i have 2. So been spraying flea stuff. Guess i'll try the hot water/dryer, plastic bags again. I DO see swarms of tiny bugs flying around the yard sometimes . It is freezing and snow out now. I am tired of feeling like a leper.
I applied lukewarm thyme to my arm to stop the biting and actually saw a bug looked like a fruit fly appear on my wrist, it seemed to come out of my wrist, it freaked me out. The biting is worse now and I've already been through to espisodes of applying ivermectin because I thought this was scabies. If it was scabies it has mutated and its frightning.
I have had similar issues and everyone who knows me well (family, friends) believes me but no doctor, yet, and as I do not have insurance am unable to get myself to a parasitologist without a referral.  It started in my groin (the noticeable feeling) and I ignored it, thinking it was summer heat, and cut my hair there to a short length which seemed to help a bit.  Then I began noticing bites, but again ignored it, thinking I was just being paranoid.  When it got worse (really felt in groin) I went to several docs and all blew me off one way or another except one who gave me pinworm pills and permethrin shampoo as he would see something was going on-- just couldn't tell what.

The experiences that helped make me think I was not crazy:
1) Family and friends who believe me
2) Getting back from a weekend away and seeing these small oval-shaped things with a point on them all over the floors (two sizes, same shape) and other people being able to see them, too
3) My bf telling me he's "never seen such a terrible hair infestation" when he came to do some nit-combings on me.  He has done a lot of people's hair, is from a large city.  
4) Picking one of the seed-shaped things off my shoe at my friend's doctor's office, placing it on my hand with my friend watching, observing it bite me and molt out of the seed shape, then showing the doctor and having her tell us, "I can't be sure, but I can say it's not lice, looks more like some kind of flea."

Some of us may have delusional parasitosis, and I am willing to accept that conclusion as soon as someone rules out the other possibilities systematically with the scientific methods available to us.

NOTES for HELP:
1) HAIR and BODY:
       a) I got rid of the worst of it off me by covering my hair with Belly Balm (a very moisturizing jar of balm that I used during pregnancy and it effectively kept me from getting any stretch marks).
       b) I added part of a jar of Burt's Bees Baby Cream (coincidentally has a form of natural borax in it) to my hair and spread the majority onto my body.

2) FLOORS and FURNITURE:
       a) Parked my car in the hot sun so that it got HOT in there (will probably only work in summer up north).
       b) used 1/2 baking soda, 1/2 salt mixture on all carpets, beds and other furniture and even regular floors as this will kill anything in larval stages-- they need moisture.
       c) As someone else above mentioned, I try to keep everything as clean as possible (not very good at that, but I do what's most important) and wrap stuff in air-tight plastic.

INTERESTING TO NOTE: My kid has had a continuing problem that I will not mention for reasons of privacy, but the doctors refuse to listen to me that their inability to get rid of this relatively simple medical issue could be related to the problem I am having.

FOR the skeptics: I HAVE NEVER BEEN DELUSIONAL IN MY LIFE.  I am normally the opposite: I ignore things because I think I'm just being panicky.  I am a scientist.  I like proof.  As my symptoms only started four months ago and I've given up getting medical help, I am doing my own research, purchasing a microscope, and starting with the possibility that a neighbor --who had different kinds of pets and whose children were covered in bites before she left town in a hurry for no apparent reason-- hailing from two places that have stick fleas as a problem has given me stick fleas.

My first hypothesis to test: As I have no pets if she did bring them into my home then the stick fleas have chosen me as their main host.

Good luck everyone!
You are not delusional!  These parasite/bugs have been attacking me for almost 3 years, and I've moved 3 times.  These critters are growing in size but always carry at least 4+ larvae on them.  I was finally able to capture them on my camera with the Flash On.  They are everywhere in the house, carpets, duct work, exhaust vents, electronics, etc... But I discovered the other day that they are in clusters and wait on the walls to fly at you like a kamikaze, exploding on impact, spraying larvae at contact, releasing an acid that makes your skin open up allowing the hairlike larvae make its way into your pores (only visible by observation using a magnified magnifying glass).  Their photo images are frightening and best seen when an editing filter is used, I use my iPhone 4 version ios7.0?  Try taking a photo of head and zoom-in on a section of your hair, then edit pic selecting different filters.  The sesame-like ones you find scattered thru out the house are eggs that attach themselves to anything tangible they can manipulate, paper goods, cardboard, particularly dry skin and then shed these at larvae stage.  I have awesome photos I could share with you or anyone interested if you would like to contact me.  This site blocks email addresses so I will write it out.  I hope this posts as plain text:  rebeccavrc at gmail *******
Rebecca, BuggsyInVa
If you go to Undiagnosed - see Invisible bugs under the skin - a strange sensation    You will see that you are not alone.  There are hundreds of us trying to rid ourselves of this "mite/thread/worm/bug/gnat" problem.
Undiagnosed Symptoms...
You may not all have the same thing, but the one thing I can suggest to stop any crawling sensations in bed is to cover the mattress with a cheap vinyl cover and to wipe the cover down with vinegar while you are laundering the sheets, and let it dry before putting them back on.  You can get cheap jugs of Top Job Cleaning Vinegar at WalMart near the ammonia.
i went in the hospital they said i was tripping on drugs nothin was on me of all the post i see i hear nothing  about anyone lookin there stool as i did and when i did it freaked me out i called my room mate he belives now but 1 thing i didnt do was keep a sample to bring to hospital my dumb *** flushed thinking o i kno they are there so no 1 can convince me that what eva they are arent   everyone see if you have black specks in your stool no visiable from the outside u have to break it up yo see these things inside of your stool thats the only proof ive been able to think off but im in a great deal of pain please sombody help!!!!!!!!!!!!!i kno the world isnt about to be eatin from the inside out
   Sorry you are also one of us... No fun.  I am on several Undiagnosed Symptoms - we are all buggy there.  And we are all trying different things to rid ourselves of these bugs/gnats/mites/threads/fibers possibly known as Morgellons.
      Trying Listerine now as tea tree oil only worked for a little while.  Diatomaceous earth only works for a while as well as Black Walnut Hull and Wormwood.  Everything works for a little while.
     I am fighting these things from the inside as well as the outside - I've had them for 7 years, so I believe they are all in my skin, muscles and organs.  Don't know if they are in the blood - but no tech or doctor has said they are.
     I took my little container with these threads/mites to a doctor who looked at them under a microscope.  She announced that they are not worms, but fibers.
     But these fibers are alive and bite and itch - I recorded one with my camera - it stretched, wiggled, furled and unfurled, curled and uncurled - you can't tell me they aren't alive!!
      I hope that we all find the cure soon.  Itching for 7 years now and tired of it!!

Wishing all of us the best
Hi Silverfox67,
I was just reviewing all of the posts about this mite/bug. I have been suffering from this bug for a year now and it's driving me insane.  I've read countless hours of information on the net about Morgellons and this is definitely what we are experiencing.  The cure is suppose to be found in NutraSilver so I purchased it.  The first week on it I did notice a difference and didn't find the bugs on me or around me. Week 2 I wish I could say the same but my symptoms were back.  They were much lighter though I can say that.  It's my 2nd day in week 3 and I haven't taken any doses.  These mites/bugs are back with a vengance and it's  brought me to tears.  During the 7yrs you've had this, have you ever tried NutraSilver?  I'm looking for ppl who's used this cure because I think It will take more than drinking this stuff to cure my body.  I can agree the NutraSilver was helping when I took it correctly but how long it will take is where I get worried.  You mentioned you've had several symptoms with this disease.  Did you mean with other bugs?  I've attracted 5 different bugs so far and all but this "fiber" black dot bug and the small white fly can be easily identified.  I've also had a migraine for 6 straight days now and I'm positive the tiny white fly is the culprit.  The migraine is behind my right eye and grainy stuff, some of it white, has been coming from both eyes lately.  The sunlight hits my bth room mirror and I can see the white things stuck to my mirror.  I've watched as one flew right past me today!  They have infested my car also and for the longest time I thought this was dust!  I also noticed when I'm cleaning my face/body or wiping over the "bite mark was" I can hear them hitting the mirror.  It's a loud tink noise and I ONLY hear this when cleaning off my body.  Is there anything you've found helpful that still works?
   I have been drinking a tea that seems to help!  It's an organic Roasted Dandelion Root tea I found at Walmart.  The critters can't stand how I taste, I guess, and they are leaving my body.  It is not a cure - still searching for that - but it makes me happy to see that they don't like me so much!
   The tea tastes like peanut butter to me - some like the nutty taste.  I drink it to rid myself of the critters.
     I use a sticky roller all over my bed and sheets before I lie down and that seems to help also.
    I do my laundry with 2 cups of Borax, 2 cups of washing soda and a grated Fels Naphta soap.  Keeps my clothes from getting infested.
     I hope this helps you, too.  Like I said, it's not a cure - oh, I'm on the "maintenance" dose of silver - doesn't seem to do much...
         Wishing you and all of us the best.
wow its true its winter they hate they cold  leave windows take a cold water bottle to bed leave windows open and ur atic  and u will notice no ticks who knows what they are or how they find you but im not 100percent sure but it seems to be the people who have psoriasis who have these rare visable things that no1 else seems to have an ive noticed its not every1 who gets them they seem to have 1 target only I could be wrong but I think this is the only cure to get rid of them try to leave everything open aswell also they only come out when I go bed even tho the hole other people are sleep
if u get any ich the cold water bottle will stop it iching its not morgellons I think the person who put this don't have any skin condition  or disorders try to avoid heat or hot places yet again I could be wrong but these things seem to live of fresh dead skin my mate also has psoriasis and is saying that things are crewling on him its not psoriasis and I always wondered why he said that an now I think I know why yet again I could be wrong but it seems to be working after doing all these things ive put down an im glad its not only me I thought I was going crazy ive done most of the things u guys have done to like think its scabies an stuff
don't be taking cold baths its not good for u in any weather ur body is not use to it have a bath run the cold tap an get ur hands cold and rub all over ur body this way inside ur ears ur nose drink plenty of cold water normal amount infact not enough water can cause a lot of things because ur body needs it more than anything just ask david blane all what I have put will make you feel much better an ull be sleeping like a baby again and also if u live in hot weather you can buy ice containers or already have them an put this in ur water bottle so it don't go warm atleast until you sleep I really hope ive helped you all take care
    I tried the silver cure and it didn't work for me.  yes, it seemed to be working at first.  But when i got up to 50 drops three times a day, the bugs started biting even harder than before.  The silver did not cure me.  :(  
      I also got sick to my stomach - probably too much silver (metal) in my body.   I am back to using apple cider vinegar and taking Diatomaceous earth.  (1 teaspoon in 8 oz. of water) every day.   I am itching and my lesions are starting to pop out on my back again.  

(to the other commenter:  I do not have psoriasis).

Back to square one.  Will try the black walnut hull and wormwood again and see what happens....
here is a link about these things http://morgellonspgpr.wordpress.com/2010/02/08/cotton-nematode-parasites-in-new-clothing/
but the truth is these things are being sprayed on us by the government with their chemtrails I have been dealing with these things for about 7 or 8 years now i get rid of them and they just keep coming back. there are videos like this one will help      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R56V5YJVeSA
Ive been plauged with critters for a month and ready to jump off a bridge god knows my heart goes out to you guys who've been suffering like this for years.. I was just doing a routine trash out on a vacant apartment where i run maintenance. I remember seeing about five full bottles of vinegar that the previous tenants had left in the refridgerator and had no idea until now why anybody would keep that much damn vinegar.. Anyways i got a few tons of trash out of there and before i was even finished i could feel something moving around in my hat.  My coworker a black fellow said he didnt feel anything in his. so i passed it of as fleas, shook my hat out and went on about my business but the never flew out they just kept flying in. In my pants in my shirt in my car and then in my house.  so now we sit here like one big happy family and i cant even go in today because i havent slept a lick. Heres what im gonna do and ill let yall know if it works. 1- im going to walmart and buying one bomb for each room in my house and a fresh towel and outfit 2- im gonna come back pack all my clothes and linens in hefty bags and proceed to clean my apartment the whole 9 yards that you guys have obviously done a million times 3- im going bleach out all my drains and not rinse them down 4- im going to take out my hvac filter and leave the utility closet wide open and turn the ac on to 65 5- put all the dishes in the dishwasher then pull it out about 3ft pull the fridge and stove out, both waser and dryer out about 3ft 6- tip the couches over leaving the cushions separated against the wall as well as rugs up and hanging 7- set my bombs off and lock it up 8take my clothes to the laundry mat 8- go to the ymca throw a bomb in the mercedes cracking the windows and sunroof and jump in the sauna for an hour throwing away my old clothes double bagged in the dumpster take my car to the wash... Pick up my clothes and fet on with life :)
Get on with my life and if it works ill let yall know
Itworked like a charm and hust for the little smartasses who thought theyd hide out in the nooks and crannies i bought a gallon of distilled white vinegar and a couple bottles of rubbing alchohol mixed them 50/50 in a spray bottle and walked the the apartment spraying every square inch.. I also sprayed myself down really good and even been taking shots of straight vinegar (along with a few of kentucky bourbon :P) and the place is all mine again!!! If a few of the larva make it through all that.. One bite of me and theyll wish they were never hatched good luck you guys and god bless
Well i was wrong they came back even more vicious and were eating me alive last night. so i decided to go to the ER and cry to the doctor.  Then i thought again this is my house damnit!!! No ugly *** fly is gonna chase me out like that. i thought about they chose me out of all the people ive come in contact with to be their host and why. I decided two things... Either they will eat me alive or ill figure a way to get them the fk out!!! If they im so tasty well im just gonna spice things up a little. if vinegar wasnt strong enough then im bringing in the hotsauce!!! sulfer shampoo helps too :)
Soooooo, what did the doctor say??
Me and my 2 daughters are severely infested with these flake/fiber/lint bugs!!Our infestation occurred after taking an oral dose of Pin X for pinworms!!An hour after I took the pin X my face felt like it was on fire!!not long after the itching,crawling,and biting began...I even had white rice like soft things discharging out of my eyes!!Has anyone had anything similar happen?What are these?My babies are suffering and it kills me not to be able to help them!!
Hi Im dealing with all the same madness and Im being accused of being on drugs and knowing I haven't touched drugs in years. I been dealing with this THING since spring, so that tells you that I have had endless night of sleep depervation and tried many bug killers and had many exterminaters visit my house (apt. house) when it all started is when the maintenance man came and rattled a bunch of nasty black mulk that was backed up in my cooler system. He poked around and all this black and nasty stuff fell out onto my bathroom vanity and the floor. He did not attempt to clean it, me and my bff did. Then what comes of that is, my daughter got scabbies and we DID NOT (weird) my bff sleeps in the front rm and I havr my own bedrm. I get bit, stung irritated the worse. 4 months later no relief except for this guy telling me to spray alcohol, well worked like a charm. I would spray and run out of the rm. because they would drop everywhere. These things would fly around oh and Windex works too, which I read up on in another site on the internet. ( I love Google) I have been researching all of this for months!  What I don't understand is, with all of these sites and all of the same issues by hundreds of ppl. where are the PROFFESSIONALS TO HELP US WITH SOME TYPE OF RELIEF. I am now at boyfriends of 18 yrs. and its starting all over again to me. I am begging for HELP. Cuz everyone thinks im tripping. I am thinking about phoning the University of Arizona and our junior college here in Tucson. What can I buy or use to stop the madness.I feel these THINGS on my ears, hair, pubic hair, feet legs.... everywhere!  PLEASE HELP ME NOW!!! I CANT TAKE IT NO MORE.
so I read all these posts/ stories and these dam THINGS are very real. ok my question is did you find any relief or whats up? I have read on these fricken THINGS for the past 4-5 months. Whats your story now??

Thanks, Lori
its all very real, so whats the cure please?
Hello!, I would be Extremely grateful to see these pictures of these mystery bugs!!

Thank -you , THANK- YOU :)
Try Kleen Green it has been very successful getting rid of my black pepper mites
why did you doctor think you were crazy? it sounds to mee the OP had scabies, which is a kinda of mite, also called an itch mite, and caused allergic reaction wherever it bites, it also burrows into your skin causing more reactions.
Oh honey, I believe you!!!!  I have been fighting what I (at first thought was a bed bug problem), but the guy from the Health Dept. came out and checked my bed, and my condo and said it was not bed bugs.  I have one dog, a Chihuahua.  I thought I saw a flea on the kitchen counter.  What I am using is Diatomaceous Earth.  It is organic, safe for humans and pets.  What it does is dehydrates the bug, and dries out their shell and they die.  I bought it at the Feed Store down the street.  You buy it at places like Lowe's too.  Make sure you get the food grade, not pool grade as that is dangerous to humans.  On carpets, vacuum really well and then sprinkle it all over.  I used a ketchup bottle, you sort of dust it on.  Wear gloves and a mask.  Leave it down for 4 days or a week and then vacuum again and repeat about 3 times.  For tile floors, or all around house, dust on baseboards and around edges of floors and leave there until all bugs are gone!!!  It is awesome stuff!!!  It takes awhile to kill the bugs, but it is effective!!!  I know how you feel, I feel like they are crawling in my head all the time.  I have been absolutely OCD about this!!!  Also puff it into the cracks of your couch, and you can even leave a layer of it in the cupboards and drawers.  Good luck.
I don't believe that everyone has this infestation and I have had it for so many years that the only time I am highly bothered by the flying lint is when I am in very bright light and the stuff swarms I also grow uncomfortable at work and around family members when people start scratching their eyes, wiping their desk, people will even complain about their glasses being "filthy" and when they don't complain I see them pulling glasses of doing this sort of squint as they wipe grime off of their lenses. The stuff lands on items and swarms so fast I do often feel like I am seeing things , it freaks me out if I take a video for example I won't even be thinking about the lint and will be video taping my baby for example please read this next part carefully" As I am watching baby my vision kind of focuses in on this little tiny particle slowly wisp by , now when I go back to watch video of baby that exact same white little lint bug shoots across the camera so fast that you have to replay to even see it" I only seek treatment now because I fear that this junk will infest my innocent little baby, I have even taken a brand new container of those wipes from the hospital the ones that say you must wear gloves when using them the ones that are so strong they kill the Hiv 1 and 2 virus , I hand baby over to hubby have them leave and bleach the whole house everything , i boil water and mop all floors , I clean all counters with lysol and wipe down with those cavi wipes its so hard to get this stuff up it turns to dirty lint and kind of spreads around so I wipe and wipe , wipe toilets the gross part it clean so thoroughly that my eyes and throat are burning all while I'm spraying you can even smell the bleach and such outside of the home I become very satisfied knowing that at least this evil will not affect anyone who enters my home or my baby and things seem to be killing them off even when I walk in the bathroom and look in the mirror which is usually covered in lint its like something in those hospital grade wipes won't let this stuff attach and take back over then a week will go by and I will happen to look down and the nice clean white baseboards will be covered in gray lint , they even will land on leather I was so sure that once i got rid of clothe couches that the things would at least stay out of the living room but no my couches have that same film , I'm sure that people come in my house and think I am a unfit woman and don't clean . In fact I have had this organism living inside of me for so long that i believe the ones i have are even the culprit behind the funny odor in my home . I have given up on body lotions and perfumes , real coconut oil provides relief until its absorbed and I am not sure why it wouldn't still work . I am really just so exhausted and I can't seem to understand why when I go to doctors for unrelated issues they never question the swarm that fills their office the minute I walk into all those bright lights. I have did the whole internal parasite treatment it did nothing , bleach baths don't work for me nor does epsom salt, pure lavender oil, herbal lice soap, grain alcohol, the windex thing gets them up really well but they still come back, I live on apple cider vinegar with the mother....I soak in it , drink it from a shot glass daily, take vitamin C in the highest quantity possible, i supplement with real vitamins not the cheap white ones, i have a herb that has the fir (silver) in it sometimes I shower my whole body head to toe that gives relief, i just had what looks like one of my tiny gnats zoom out of my nose i assume they have taken my sinus over this is the only real place that I am unable to treat, it seems that also using cover causes a itch which I try to not scratch so I won't infect baby, and sitting in front of this pc all day has really brought  them out as well , as much as I love my baby I constantly isolate as much as possible I want to hold my baby but I limit myself , I silently just pray that God will have mercy on my baby and not let me pass this on to her. When you have had a affliction since 2008 it really does take alot to go on living without allowing your mind to slip. I just wish doctors would stop saying "you wanna be treated for what" "oh thats nothing thats just lint". Does anyone have any further suggestions on where this organism may have come from or at least how to stop it from attacking you systemically believe me at some point strange things will start to plague your health red eyes, inflammation, irritability
(msg 1 of 4)
I am going crazy and it just started early summer for me.  After all the reading I have done on what all of you describe, not sure I could survive YEARS of it.  Most of the forums discussing the symptoms and descriptions I have are from 2009-2013. It has been rare for me to find any current discussion forums on this bug invasion. I was convinced it was springtails/collembola, but hearing all of your descriptions about the many stages, maybe it is some sort of super mite.  Or worse.... sounds engineered to me. I won't go down that right at this time. Just saying...

Here is my story, which I have posted in old forums that received no response.

I was almost certain my infestation is collembola. The only photos I run across are adult springtails - but I have every stage of what I am sure is that. After all, they don't exactly just pop out of momma a full grown species, like most internet photos!  Mites are so small, so I never considered it being a mite.  The stages I find in the house are profoundly different from one another, unless I have more than one critter. Now I think it is actually mites.  I am puzzled about all the other forms I have encountered, that don't fit the mite category as I know it.

I first noticed a problem in early June 2014.  I put out the garden and bought a bunch of bagged soil.  I also was feeding wild birds at a feeder on the hill near the garden (11 years now) and many wild animals were also coming to the feeders. Many varieties of birds, and squirrels, rabbits, ducks, chipmunks & raccoons were -all- scratching.  At first I thought the birds must have brought mites or lice, from all the babies they were bringing to the yard to feed from nests. As I tended the garden, I too, got bit.  I made the mistake of lingering for an hour or more online in my office (instead of stripping & showering immediately), after working for hours outside in the backyard.  I infested my office and by end of July, could no longer stand to be in that room.  They bit hard and sharp (felt like a 35 gauge needle prick) and some just felt like they collected on my legs under my desk and caused a prickly burning/crawling sensation. It's September and I have yet to go back into my office.  I am working in the diningroom...and still getting bitten and crawled on every location I go.  

=> Applying Nematodes.
So I initially attributed the inside house infestation to the backyard birds.  I bought two different types of nematodes and put them down in the front and back yards.  Didn't help, really.  Not for what was biting me when I was out there, anyway. Now I am wondering if the nematodes were safe to handle?  I used latex gloves, but still you are exposed.  The video shows a woman using her bare hands to mix them in water.  How insane is THAT?  A person with a low immune system should probably not be handling microscopic worms, even if the ad says they are safe to use without precautions.  I bought 2 species:  Steinernema Feltiae and Steinernema Glaseri - for use with 250 pests vs grub worms, respectively.

By end of July, I pulled the birdseed, emptied the birdbaths and all wildlife/birds stopped coming around. The in/outside infestation continued unabated.

I realized that I had also put some of the bagged, loamy soil inside on several huge plants - and used some of it to start the garden seedlings.  During Spring, definitely from that bagged soil, I had a gnat and bug infestation.  I started using Diatomaceous Earth to help rid the house of them.

By August 2014, I was being eaten alive by something I could not see.  After much online research, I decided not to waste my time on doctors.  After much reading, I started looking closer at my house and found the parasites that others were describing.  Not sure if it is a bunch of stages of growth for one parasite, or more than one pest.  I put all of the household plants outside, just to remove an environment in which they naturally dwell. Ultimately I got rid of all my beloved tropical trees and beautiful plants.
(msg 2 of 4)

What I am seeing:

=> Small black specks on white counter tops, sinks and on top of my vinyl covered mattress/pillow case.
If they are elsewhere, they blend in. It seemed they are found near water sources - but now I see them everywhere.

=> Flying/drifting white dandruff-looking stuff EVERYWHERE.  Every day I look at my black keyboard and laptop, I see this tiny white dot that looks like large or very small particles of dust.  But often it is sticky - some blow around, but some have to be scratched or wiped off of items. I am sneezing A LOT and my nose is buggered (pardon the expression) and hard to breathe through the nostrils.  This isn't new, as I have massive allergies and it is ongoing for decades. But I can feel them in my ears and up my nostrils at times, as well.  YUCK. When I blow my nose in the morning, I see bloody looking mite-sized dots in my mucous.  And I cover completely from head to toe with 2 tucked-in sheets and sleep with a c-pap machine...and they are so small that they get through two filters!  Last night I added my humidifier tank to the c-pap and didn't see the mites in my nose this morning.  Not sure if that was a fluke, it worked adding a water tank, or if perhaps I am breathing them before bed and that is what I am seeing. The spots looked very much like m

=> Ladybug-sized puffs of white cotton-looking balls attached to the wall behind a some furniture in the livingroom, the Kleenex box on top of the toilet and in the garage. When I held it up to the light with tweezers, I see little black dots clustered in the center.  Eggs perhaps.

=> White salt crystal types of objects adhered to items like cabinets, anywhere actually.  Some are loose and not adhered.  I found one on the garage floor while spraying down my vehicle with cedar spray.  After stepping and grinding on the white crystal to get it to open, I sprayed a bunch of cedar spray on it and it separated and fanned out into a lot of little white specks.  They didn't survive the spray, but that was horribly enlightening. Looked like eggs.

=> White small thread-like string objects, particularly on my dark fabric couch & chair.  Some of those are on ME daily-as I look down and see them on my clothes.  Sometimes they curve a little bit, but under a microscope, they look like springtails.

=> White and grey "lint" and fibers in ALL of my clothes, bed sheets and towels.  After washing in various temps of water and soap/borax/vinegar and long hot drying of all fabrics, I can still pull these things out of fabric and get long (less than an inch) fibers that actually appear to move!  No breeze or vents in the laundry room, yet when tweezed out and held up, the fiber moves! It usually looks like a round head on one end and a fiber on the other...sorta silhouette of a small alfalfa sprout. Oh and if I bring a lighter flame near it, it POOFS into nothing...explosive burn upon contact.

=> Blue/grey fibers that are similar to the size of the white thread-looking stage. Not sure why they are different in color, but appear to be the same stage.

=> I found a bunch of boney filaments in the washer on towels.  One towel I washed in that load was taken from under the bathroom cabinet.  It had been stored undisturbed for months.  

Whatever the above forms are, this is the final adult stage.

=> So Who's Laying these Eggs?! (sounds like Ripley's line out of the movie 'Aliens')
I wish I would have captured/photographed THIS final end product.  A few weeks ago I was out in the backyard mowing, little springtails hopping everywhere, when I came upon this HUGE one inch long white fat thread with a lacy white [fanned out] filament tail, parked on my gazebo netting.  Huge boney filaments like the remains I found in the wash from the above statement. I was so ticked off, that I sprayed it and the nearby eggs with cedaroil spray and it hopped into the grass.  I saturated the eggs and they ultimately died. THIS didn't look like ANY springtail photo I have seen online. Now I have to find another that size to photograph.  What a find.  The end result of a mature adult species.

=> They get markedly worse after dark...starting around 6-7pm. Anything I use only ticks them off and they bite harder.  They REALLY hate when I vacuum...ouch.
(msg 3 of 4)Taking Precautionary Steps:

=> I bagged the pillows, mattress & box springs and that helped 90%. One night before I bagged the mattress, I used a space blanket (sheet of simple mylar) between my sheets and got eaten alive.  So bagging in vinyl really helps. But I see the dark specs on the vinyl after stripping the bedding and they almost adhere - requiring a damp cloth or having to pick them off.  What's up with THAT?

=> I change the bedding nightly before retiring, keep them from drifting onto sheets. Also strip down before showering and put clothes into a closed washer.  My water bill has doubled and electricity bill increased by $50. I am so tired of doing loads of laundry every single day.

=> I shower nightly before jumping into the bedding cocoon. Because I use a CPAP, I was able to cocoon myself completely under the sheets (head to toe with two sheets) and they didn't get inside.  Bedtime is the only respite from these bugs that I have.  Otherwise, I feel them DAILY.  HOURLY.

I have tried using Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap mixed with a little Kleen Free enzyme cleaner (careful, Kleen Free reallllly dries up your skin), Grisi Sulfur Soap (from Mexico), and regular bar soap like Irish Spring.  The peppermint soap feels the best, but none seem to discourage the biters and crawling, unless I use a stiff body brush or synthetic loofah. I also notice they nit themselves into my eyebrows, so I scrub those too. What the heck is this?!?

=> I began taking Ambien at nights, just to sleep soundly and have a respite from the hellish days and nights out in the rest of the house.  I get cold easily and really miss having a blanket.  I stopped using blankets because this parasite so easily weaves itself within the fibers.

=> I found they HATE when I use my BioFreeze pain relieving spray. If is totally organic, available online and makes the bites feel better.  Also makes them run or jump off of sprayed areas.  Downside is they keep moving to unsprayed areas - and once it dries on my skin, they are back. If I use the non-spray version (tube of gel) they are repelled longer.

=> Running a dehumidifier 24/7, with a setting of 35% humidity.  I have read the drier the better - they need moisture.  It has been an unprecedented wet, humid summer. In the 3 weeks I have run this dehumidifier, I have yet to see it reach 35%.  Once is got down to 38% maybe.

=> Running the A/C all summer (and into the Fall until cold) to help keep out any springtails that have infested the back yard. They slip right through screens, so the windows remain closed.   :(

=> Just started running an ionizing air purifier.  I bought two 10 years ago, but can only locate one at present.  Still uncertain about how the CO3 affects these parasites. There is online data suggesting ozone/ionization is successful in killing parasites.  I quit using it because of bad health reviews on the ionizer part. The Oreck has an option to run with or without it on the purifier. No noticeable difference, so I turned it off.

=> Fogging the house with CedarCide Solution.
I'm on the fence about this....it's between snake oil and a temporary solution. It only serves to agitate and causes breakouts of new ones within 72 and less than a week.
After spending $200 on a Tri-Jet ULV Thermal Fogger, $100 per gallon of CedarCide Solution (5 gallons purchased since Late August) and three fogging applications later, they have been knocked back a bit. BUT.  BUT...these things HATE it and they freak out and dive into the carpet (I have extra thick padding through out the house) and then reproduce.  So as soon as I return 7 hours after fogging, guess who they jump on and bite??  And within 72 hours, outbreaks of new offspring occur and you have to follow up with yet another fogging application.  All companies I bought from stated it sets off an instinct to procreate. Uh, great.

The house and garage and cars smell like cedar.  I used to love the smell of cedar; but not anymore! And recently I found horrible forum posts about this CedarCide company and the 2013 legal proceedings against them for fraudulent claims. It does kill things by suffocation, but leaving any effective killing residual is questionable.  It is organic, so they say.  But 10% cedar oil to 90% ratio of the ingredient silica (supposedly liquid rock quartz). So not sure I will buy anymore.  They are also changing the product name from Best Yet! to simply CedarCide--likely due to the legal battles.  The owner's name is Dave Glassel and he had a $4.6 million judgment against his company. His employees just say KEEP USING IT.  They never mention anything about FINDING THE SOURCE. Snake oil, anyone??
(msg 4 of 4)

=>  Called A Plumber For Inspection
He came.  No moisture, mildew, mold.  Nothing.  Looks fine in the wall separating the bathroom and the infested office-from-helllllll.

=> Immune System Targeting
Interestingly, my partner and I both had iffy immune systems and not good diets.  We have diabetes and from the spit testing suggested by this website (foodmatters.tv/articles-1/how-to-overcome-candida-naturally) we both have candida big time. He is bothered, but not to the degree that I am.  Upon more research, it appeared that many folks who are targeted by these parasites have unbalanced diets and immune system issues / diseases.  

=> By mid August 2014, I decided to change my diet and lifestyle.
I am doing a strict candida diet and it has gotten a little better, as far as the massive crawling/biting.  No sugar, fruits, coffee/tea, most nuts, dairy, processed foods and starchy veggies/beans. That leaves organic meat/fish, almonds, all greens, root veggies (not potatoes), raw organic pumpkin/sunflower seeds, lemon/lime & organic filtered vinegar & olive/grape oils and the like found in candida diet ingredients allowed.

The biggest benefit is my blood glucose is closer to normal now (100 or less) and I have dropped 35+lbs in 5 weeks.  My energy has doubled and my attitude has improved.  The constant attacks from these external parasites can drive you absolutely bonkers. I don't have sores or lesions.  Where they bite, doesn't leave much of a mark.  Or if it does, it is a whelp that goes away in a few days. But my intuitive health practitioner says I have parasites.  I know we all do if we eat food from 'the system' (aka soft kill), but still it is unnerving.

=> Living out of garbage bags is getting frustrating!
I bag all my clothes (by category: underwear, shorts/pants, shirts), and all my linen and towels, just to keep these f*ckers off my stuff.  I finally found a clear 30 gallon pull-tie garbage bag that I can now hang with visible clothes inside (instead of endless digging in dark black bags).  I taped a baggie on top, to keep them from migrating down into the bag from the top where the hangers come out of the hole in the bag.  Now I can leave the house showered with clean clothes that are not actively infested by laying out or hanging in the closet. These many parasitic forms do not wash out of clothes - and I am hoping they are dead after 40+ minutes of high heat in the dryer. They seem invincible....or bio-engineered.

=> Tearing Out the Carpet
So now I am in the process of replacing 11 year old carpet with laminate planks. These things like carpet way too much for breeding.  And having allergies, I do not want to replace old carpet with new carpet. But yuck!  The cost!!!  One vendor quoted $7100 for start to finish vinyl planks in the house.  I don't *think* so. So now I am coordinating different vendors to do the process cheaper.  Sure didn't plan on this financial bleeding.  A nightmare.

=> Fog, Spray and Thoroughly Clean Inside Motor Vehicles.
One of the cars has white dust all over the dark dashboard.  OMG..it's not dust.  It's *them*. Unbelievable numbers.  And boy do they bite in that car. It is never ending.

From all I have discovered, I can not believe this is 'nature' -- there is NOTHING natural about these things amassing inside of the house and it wreaks of govt bioengineering.  Chemtrails are suspicious medium for dumping parasites, as well as poisonous chemicals on unsuspecting populations.

Wonder where all those who posted from 2009 have gone and what their status is currently.
Borax worked best for me but also soaking in tea tree oil as well as salt and baking soda helped. no more itching and sleep well, but if I go a while without doing it I feel like its coming back so either I'm not getting them all because there are too many internal or they keep reinfesting, and I've washed everything a million times, but it does seem to gradually be going away if I continue to bathe in these things frequently, and also it helps to wear an oil on the skin in between (I often use deep tanning oil with about 10-15 drops of clove or tea tree oil added)
I also have a collembola/springtail infestation. 2 years now. Just moved for the 3rd time. I'm trying enzymes in the laundry, and MMS internally. Doing Clorine Dioxide shock treatments on the car. We'll see.
I'm still on the fence about taking MMS or DE internally.  I add Borax to laundry, but not near the amount many have posted.  And I stopped using hot water and concentrate on the extended heat from the dryer instead. Kleen-Free is so expensive and only available to me online. So I am not using it in my washing machine for laundry. As an enzyme cleaner, I do use it to clean countertops and general stuff around the house.

I am concentrating on my diet, in order to hopefully change my body PH & improve my immune system, energy levels and attitude.

Examples of What I -DON'T- Eat:
To make myself less inviting to internal/external parasites, I've cut out coffee/tea, dairy (like milk/butter/cream), sugar/all sweeteners, processed or fast foods, packaged ingredients that contain anything but whole identifiable contents, canned food, grains/bread, fruits, most beans/starchy veggies (definitely not corn/soy) & many nuts, and all recreational imbibing.

Examples of What I Currently -DO- Eat:
I am down to mostly fresh (esp green) veggies, quinoa, raw garlic, lemons/limes, fresh coconut, lots of R/O water, organic cider vinegar, grapeseed/olive oil, some meats, eggs & fish, raw pumpkin/sunflower/flax seeds, some occasional brown rice and low-mold nuts like almonds/hazelnuts. Once or so a week I do add 5oz of plain kefir or Greek yogurt with live active cultures to aid in gut health, but try to be sure it is organic and not pasteurized - tough to find not pasteurized - and still considered a 'dairy' item - which is why it isn't eaten often. Trying to eat organic where permissible - but not always. The cost of organic has been a bit prohibitive.

Do you live in the U.S.? If so, Left/Right or in the Middle? Do you feel your immune system is in any way compromised? (ie diabetes, poor health/diet/overweight/allergies). Do you eat sugar or drink caffeine?  If you're American, do you eat/drink liberally from the U.S. food system?  Have carpet, uncovered furniture or bedding? Live on a concrete slab?

It's okay if you don't want to divulge that info.  But it seems if those of us could narrow down commonalities, we might better understand why we are targets and those around us are not.  I have changed so much in my life, to attempt to make myself less of an attraction to them. I feel like I am in mourning, so many things are going by the wayside.  The rest of all the carpets in the house will be hopefully removed next week.  Then I have to wait a month until the flooring contractor can install the laminate flooring.  Yuck. Walking around on concrete slabs for a month! And everything stacked in boxes everywhere. Can't wait until some semblance of normality resumes in my life.  Utter chaos. And Life $avings are flying out the door at an unprecedented rate!

I finally found a local exterminator who said last summer was the worst springtail infestation of homes that he has ever seen. He stated they live under the concrete & go dormant in the winter and will return with a fury come Spring. Says you have to cut away grass from the foundation and keep the perimeter sprayed monthly until snow, then resume in the spring. Also said to keep the baseboards sprayed, because they come up from the foundation and through the walls. I just don't know if I could tolerate that much exposure to pesticides!  And I read about so many people that say how these things are immune to normal chemicals anyway. If that really works, I am doubtful that I will be able to lay down a suppressing fire on the baseboards, after having wood laminate planks installed.... they warn about leaving standing fluids on the flooring, as it can warp or damage the planks.

In the 3 of your relocations, have you had carpet in all those residences? I still believe they breed in the carpet/padding. I just can't believe all the dust in this house. Every day it is back after cleaning. And without carpet, in the one room that has been floored....it's really more noticeable.

Then I read you guy's posts about YEARS with these things!  Some days it feels so hopeless and I want to give up.  Other days I want to fight like he!! to take back my space.  I am still battling with them in the vehicles.  Will be interested in how effective the Chlorine Dioxide shock treatments were. Sounds toxic.

I read on a forum not long ago about planes spraying collembola over parts of Montana last winter.  The person said they never get flyovers in their little town and that it was noticeable because of that. He found the sprintails on top of the snow.  That is why I don't think it is just an act of nature rebelling.  I have also read about planes dropping mites/collembola over 'enemy' territory during several wars (dating back to Vietnam) to wear down the opposition with bites, creating the inability to sleep/fatigue/insanity.  Just saying....

Sorry for the long post.  I just never get a chance to chat with anyone who understands about this stuff.  Most people tend to think if it isn't happening to them or people they know, that it isn't happening... and that you are simply delusional.  *sigh*
I'm in CA.... and it's dry here!
I had a moldy basement apt... several years after the first ceiling cave-in I thought I had gotten scabies....for 5 months! There were carpets there, and I moved... sadly house #2 was worse. Concrete slab, worse mold - but this made us super sick - and it was there we discovered we had lyme disease. Moved to moldy house #3... not as bad, but buggy. We just moved again... another concrete floor situation, but it's a warehouse, less nature. I sprayed Mikron Transport all around the baseboards.... hopefully that will keep them out. I tried fogging with everything... cedarcide, windex, enezymes, etc... but I think that the source is where the problem lies.

I vacillate between crappy and healthy eating. I'm mostly organic... but I fall, often, for the coffee and sugar and gluten. Sigh.

I'm focusing on mold/lyme treatment. Got rid of nearly everything I own. The enzymes seem to be working in the laundry for the most part. I still toss clothing regularly.

Salt seems to work externally, the salt/vit C internal cure has helped for some people.

Morgellons/lyme/mold/collembola.... they all fit together. I'm sure there's a GMO/Chemtrail aspect, but since it's not provable, and it just makes us sound crazier, I'm staying away from that. I would get tested (which is a rabbit hole itself) for lyme and bartonella. That's what we have... from the bugs or that's what attracts the bugs to us.
I have not discounted a mold situation.  I have lived at this house for 11 years and it is in IN. It was a new build that has many issues from the start, so I suspect several possibilities for mold.  For the longest time I smelled mildew in the den.  Now I have a leak in the roof that just started leaking through into the great room.  So there is a possibility of mold up there in the attic, I guess.  

Not sure if removing the 11 yr old carpet & extra thick padding will help; seems like it couldn't hurt.  Concrete slabs sweat during weather changes and there is no moisture barrier between the padding and concrete.  There is bacteria under old carpet/padding, so it would seem that the parasites would find it entertaining to hang out underneath, if nothing else, to breed.

So far room #1 had no hairline cracks in the concrete.  Am keeping my fingers crossed on the rest of the carpet tear out, that there are no other cracks that will be exposed.  But because I am hiring someone to tear out/remove, clean and repair any concrete issues, I will have a chance to fix it before installing the new laminate flooring.  Since I live in Middle America, I shudder to think of how cold this new flooring may be in the winter, as opposed to thick carpeting throughout the house.

I have also not discounted Morgellons.  Sometimes the bite/pricks feel like a syringe -- making me think it isn't a bite at all, but an actual submerging of a parasite into my pore or under the skin.  I have small bumps on my back that do not itch, but I am unable to reach or see them without a mirror or my partner looking. I have yet to see anything actually emerge from my body, other than possible parasitic elimination at times.  

Do you have the odd small white threads, white dandruff looking dust, the black dots or the flying gnats in your house?  I have a friend across town who only sees the black dots and is currently treating with industrial carpet cleaning & flea bombs.  Interested to see what results she gets.  She has the crawling sensations, but insists it is not fleas. Her dogs are being tormented, as well.  This all happened recently when she uncovered a tarp in her back yard and was instantly covered with black dots.  Pretty sure mine came from my back yard, too. Every visiting wild animal in my backyard was scratching.

What symptoms make you feel like it is lyme?  I too have read that the Morgellons/lyme/mold/collembola symptoms are all connected to a similar source.  

I no longer eat pork, as it is one of the highest edible parasite vectors. The candida diet guidelines I follow, hopefully will make me less attractive to these parasites. There are so many variables in environment, internal body composition and perception, that finding something that works is hit or miss. And I am so not a chemical person.  

Sad that since the 2009 posts, no real concrete information has emerged.  Everyone is still literally scratching their heads, trying to figure out what it is and how to eradicate it. The 2009 posts are as relevent today as they were then!  But yeah, oftentimes attempts at educating the public about nefarious agenda, makes us look like the town idiot.  But justice is coming and information will begin to emerge in the very near future.  Too many people are awakening to the fact that something is amiss. One can hope, anyway.

Thanks for sharing!

LTP