Tiny Clear Blisters

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Tiny Clear Blisters

I have close to a hundred tiny pinhead sized water filled clear blisters on my arms. Some of the blisters are slightly smaller than a pinhead.They do not itch and you have to look really closely just to see them since they are clear and blend in with the skin. I first noticed them because my skin was bumpy feeling. There is no other color or symptom. I have not had anything rubbing against my arms. They are mostly on the outer parts of my arms.
It's called keratosis pilaris.  Apparently a lot of people have it and it's perfectly normal.  I know a little girl who gets it all over the side of her face, and a friend of mine has it all over her upper arms and legs. Try exfoliating it everyday in the shower and try lotions with glycolic acid in them.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be due to keratosis pilaris or lichen nitidus. Lichen nitidus is a chronic inflammatory disease characterized by 1-2 mm, discrete and uniform, shiny, flat-topped, pale flesh-colored or reddish-brown papules esp on the arms and forearms.Usually asymptomatic but sometimes treatment like glucocorticoids, PUVA, UVA/UVB phototherapy, astemizole, acitretin, and etretinate may be tried.

Keratosis pilaris occurs when the human body produces excess keratin, a natural protein in the skin. There is currently no known cure for keratosis pilaris, however, there are effective treatments available which make its symptoms less apparent. Treatment includes tretinoin or Triamcinolone cream or Adapalene, a retinoid medication. Exfoliation, intensive moisturizing creams, creams and lotions containing alpha hydroxy acids and urea may be used to temporarily improve the appearance and texture of affected skin.

I would suggest that you get it evaluated from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how  you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.