Tiny painful bumps on fingers - no itching or liquid

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Ok, I have seen similar versions of this problem all over the web, but no answers that match my problem.  For several years now, I've been getting tiny (zit-sized or smaller) slightly raised bumps on my fingers and palms.  The do not hurt if left alone, but are painful if pressed or touched at all.  They do not itch at all.  I have tried to pick them out, thinking it was some sort of splinter, but I never find anything (no liquid/pus at all, and no object or thicker mass).  Even when I have dug deep down and assumed I must have fixed it, it came back in the same spot a few days later.  These spots last anywhere from a couple of weeks to months.  When they go, there is no scabbing or peeling or anything like that - they just disappear.  They don't tend to cluster.  The spot itself if slightly red, but it starts out skin colored and only gets red when irritated.
These things are not a major problem, but because they hurt they make writing, cooking, etc. quite literally a pain.  Any advice would be appreciated.
I get the exact same things. I call them stress bumps, because they seem to come in cycles, and usually when I'm under more stress than usual.  When they go, I sometimes notice a small patch of skin that is slightly shiny and wrinkled, or puckered.  Then that goes away as well. Right now I have them on my left hand, which is new, and one on the top of my palm, where they used to be mainly of my fingertips.

I don't have any advice, but I feel better knowing I'm not alone, so hopefully it helps you too.  Good luck!
cheriopompholyx it is,and may be related to diet.
From the symptoms that you have mentioned,it can be due to dyshidrotic eczema.
Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then pls get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION TO PAINFUL BUMPS ON FINGERS:

I got rid of my painful bumps by putting athlete's foot medicine on my FEET, NOT MY HANDS. Wash your feet twice a day at first, using CLOTRIMAZOLE CREAM between the toes, or probably any anifungal cream. If your painful bumps are the same as mine, they will start to disappear in a day or 2. I continue to use the cream EVERY DAY after showering, with no more bumps on my fingers at all.

Rite Aid pharmacies have a pretty good price on their own brand of generic cream in the foot section.

My father, who is a doctor, says the bumps on the fingers are called an ID REACTION, whatever that means.

Best of luck.
I get them too - tiny little lumps - the size of a pin head or smaller, mainly towards the finger tips.  They are only ever singular, not forming clusters, but i may have several on each finger.

There are painful to touch, and often 'zing' when touched similar to when you have a small slither of glass or a splinter in your finger.

Mine are only slightly darker than the surrounding skin, and they never itch.  Piercing them with a pin never reveals any fluids or foreign objects.  After a few days the painful bump goes away of its own accord, and the skin tends to peel around the site.

I think it may be a form of stress-induced dermatitis, but cant find anything definitive.

Does any one know what it is??
I have one now and its killing me! Weird thing is, I used some lotion that I've been using for awhile now by Smith&Nephew (works great by the way) and it just popped up! The comments before me have helped some but my OCD wont let this thing stay on my finger much longer so I either have to take a chunk off my finger or see a doctor but I cant wait that long so someone please help!
May I also add that I have been using the same lotion for months now and this has not happened before, I don't know what to do.