UNBEARABLE itching across entire body!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

UNBEARABLE itching across entire body!

My entiree body is itching like crazy and i really can't concentrate on anything!
During the last 1 1/2 weeks, I have had this severe itching all over my body.  At first, a small cluster of itchy red bumps appeared on my chest.  A few days later, it slowly began to spread towards my back and legs.  The bumps are very itchy and are medium sized, almost like a mosquito bite.  They are spaced out randomly throughout my body and there isnt alot of them.  
Itchy red bumps are starting to appear on my feet and I really don't want it to spread any further.  However, my arms and some parts of my leg somehow are still unaffected...
The itching is very weird...the bumps would almost appear out of nowhere.  I would be doing my stuff and an itchy bump would suddenly.  After a while, if i leave it alone, it would suddenly stop itching!!  These itches just come and go!  Also, if i start scratching bumps that stopped itching days ago, they suddenly itch again.
Also, rashes began to appear near my groin and armpits.  The rashes are not raised and there are no raised bumps like the one on my body.  The one near my groin is red while the one on my armpits is clear(?). Both are very moist.  My hair is also like that as well, and when i scratch it, there is no flaking or anything.

I have already changed all of my bed sheets and i have not found any sort of bugs on myself or my clothes.  So I have basically two symptons: red itchy bumps on the body and the rashes on groin + armpits...is there anything that it can be diagnosed as?
sorry if its a bit long (i want to be accurate + helpful as i can)...can anyone help?
Thanks!
These red bumps that are itchy and come and go sound like hives. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.
Wash it with fresh water and apply some calamine lotion on the bumps which helps in soothing the skin. If the symptoms persist then topical or oral steroids and antihistaminics may be needed. The other possibility because of this being generalized is a viral exanthematous rash or an allergic reaction.

The armpit and groin rashes sound like fungal infections or dermatitis. I would suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist as treatment is specific and has to be prescribed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

.
Thank you for your reply
Its been a couple of days now and the rash + bumps still hasn't gotten better
Hives does sound like the right diagnosis for me but I have stopped taken all my medications a week ago and the hives still hasn't gone away
Does hives disappear right after you stop taking an allergy-inducing medication?  Or maybe these are non-allergic hives?

As for the groin + armpit, I do believe it is a fungal infection like the jock itch.  However, i've been having the same symptons on my hands as well as the elbow joint (maybe because its more prone to being moist from sweat?)
Could the jock itch spread to other parts of my body?

Do you think that it is merely coincidental that both types of itch occured at the same time?  I was really hoping for only one type of disease so i would only need one type of treatment...oh well =\
By the way, I am planning to visit a dermatologist soon.  There are so many diagnosises for itches though, does anyone know if there is a sure way to tell? (a blood test perhaps?)
Hives result from dilation of capillaries allowing fluid to leak out into the surrounding tissue, the epidermis. They are of two types: acute and chronic(when hives persist for more than 6 weeks). The most likely triggers for acute urticaria are allergies to pets, horses, latex and foods, such as shellfish and nuts, bee or wasp stings, allergies to medicines, Viral infections, such as glandular fever and herpes, dental and sinus infections, fungal infections, blood transfusions and vaccines.

The cause of chronic urticaria is often more difficult to identify. Most cases are called chronic idiopathic urticaria, which means they're caused by the body's unexplainable development of antibodies to itself (auto-antibodies). I would suggest a dermatologist’s evaluation for the same.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Thanks for all your help
I visited a dermatologist and he said it was hives.
He told me to visit him back in a week to see if it has gotten better
As for the armpits, he prescribed me a cream...he said it was some common skin disease that was a result of excess heat or something?

Meanwhile, i seem to notice how my hives start...at first little red itchy bumps appear on my body's pores ..when i scratch them, they turn into lumps.. kinda weird
Thanks again