Unresolved musky foul crotch smell

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Unresolved musky foul crotch smell

Oddly, recently I can shower and shower well.  within an hour, i have this musky type crotch smell about my groin area.  I have no signs of anything other than the smell.  I cannot figure it out.  I first thought it was body wash, clothing wash, everything under the sun and when these all got changed, the order still persists.  It is not a smell of something dead foul, it is more of a sweaty musky smell as if i have been outside sporty in exercise and heated up fashion and have not showered all day.  that is the smell really, is this fungal - yeast infection?  i remember my girlfriend one time having a similar smell about her vaginal area right before oral sex.  it turned out to be yeast unresolved from prior infection.  could this be true for me too?  concerned, humiliated, and anxious for your responses.  thank you.
Best apply clotrimazole powder and looks like fungal.